UAE envoy gifts Pakistani street vendor a furnished apartment | World Defense

UAE envoy gifts Pakistani street vendor a furnished apartment

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
UAE envoy gifts Pakistani street vendor a furnished apartment
Yasmeen had been selling fruits and vegetables on the street after her husband died
Published: May 06, 2019
Falah Gulzar, Social Media Journalist
RDS_190506 UAE envoy gifts apartment-1557144022680

Image Credit:

Dubai: The UAE Ambassador to Pakistan, Hamad Obaid Ebrahim Salem Al Zaabi has gifted a furnished apartment to a widowed mother-of-four who made ends meet by selling fruit on the streets of Islamabad.

Yasmeen was first brought to the UAE embassy official’s attention by Twitter user Jalal Sherazi, @jalalsherazi.

“She is Yasmeen. She has three daughters and a son studying in class two and her husband have died. As she had no option, she herself is struggling to feed her kids though this struggle is not easy. She has a small amount from which she gets everyday fruits which she sells [to] make some profit,” he posted on January 6.

Soon after, The UAE Embassy, @uaeembassyisb, posted about Al Zaabi’s visit to Yasmeen’s stall and that he called her “a great example of Pakistani women.”

Now, Al Zaabi has provided a house to the struggling woman.

On May 5, the embassy tweeted: “H.E. Hamad Obaid Al Zaabi, #UAE Ambassador with the generous support of the Mohammad bin Rashid Al Maktoum Charitable and Humanitarian Est. fulfils the wishes of a Pakistani fruit seller widow Yasmeen by building a fully furnished home for her family of 4 children in #Islamabad.”

H.E. Hamad Obaid Alzaabi, #UAE Ambassador with the generous support of the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Charitable and Humanitarian Est. fulfils the wishes of a Pakistani fruit seller widow Yasmin by building a fully furnished home for her family of 4 children in #Islamabad pic.twitter.com/eiiuPq6uv8
— UAE Embassy PK (@uaeembassyisb) May 5, 2019

In a following post, the embassy highlighted how the act is in line with the goals of the Year of Tolerance.

“The Pakistani widow Yasmeen, been supported by the #UAE Embassy in #Islamabad and highlighted her inspiring story for raising four school going children by selling fruit after the death of her husband reflecting a wonderful model for Pakistani women. #YearofTolerance,” the post read.

The Pakistani widow Yasmine, been supported by the #UAE Embassy in #Islamabad and highlighted her inspiring story for raising 4 school going children by selling fruit after the death of her husband reflecting a wonderful model for Pakistani women#YearofTolerance pic.twitter.com/ubgewHuR7E
— UAE Embassy PK (@uaeembassyisb) May 5, 2019

Social media users, including Sherazi, appreciate the envoy’s kind gesture. He wrote: “Life is all about humanity and service of the masses. It is my pleasure to share about the update the story of poor woman. Alhamdulillah after my tweet on her struggling life [the UAE] government finally came to build a home…”

Life is all about humanity and service of the https://t.co/ZQBwizKiYi is my pleasure to share about the update the story of poor woman. Alhamdulillah after my tweet on her struggling life Dubai government finally came to build a home.#Pya4Humanity
اسلام آباد کی پھل فروش خاتون کو یو اے کی جانب سے گھر کا تحفہ متحدہ عرب امارات کے پاکستان میں تعینات سفیر نے پھل فروش خاتون کو سہولیات سے آراستہ گھر تحفے میں دیا pic.twitter.com/irWuPYjZuE
— Architect Jalal Sherazi (@jalalsherazi) May 6, 2019

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Jazak Allah.

There's no trade better than charity.
I'm trying to imagine, the level of happiness of the lady.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0

Handing over the legal documents of the Apartment.