UAEAF evaluating Hongdu L-15 and M-346 Advanced Jet Trainers | World Defense

UAEAF evaluating Hongdu L-15 and M-346 Advanced Jet Trainers

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan

As per Alan Warnes, UAEAF will evaluate Chinese Hongdu L-15 Trainer next year. UAE is looking ToT.

Seems, UAE is getting more interested in Chinese products now that China’s AVIC and it’s subsidiaries are bringing out quality, war-proven products.

1574587916803.jpeg

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
@Khafee , Lucky... UAEAF has all the right resources to create a Major AF in the long term with good numbers and especially command and intensive training with varied resources. Focus should be sincerity and dedication, success isn’t far.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
@Khafee , Lucky... UAEAF has all the right resources to create a Major AF in the long term with good numbers and especially command and intensive training with varied resources. Focus should be sincerity and dedication, success isn’t far.

Not going to happen. UAE is after the Calidus B-250.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Not going to happen. UAE is after the Calidus B-250.
You have a habit to catch my statements from a wrong point of view |0| |0| |0| œ∑¥
I was giving an off-topic comment. Just imagine, if we had budget and sincere people, what a potent power we could have become

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
LOL I meant to quote the original post.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
>>_*
Calidus is COIN not LIFT

UAE showed interest in acquiring the M-346 back in 2009 but the deal didn't go through.

Calidus can be used as a basic trainer despite having counter-insurgency capability. UAE operates PC-21 and Hawk so I don't see them going east though for no reason!

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
UAE showed interest in acquiring the M-346 back in 2009 but the deal didn't go through.

Calidus can be used as a basic trainer despite having counter-insurgency capability. UAE operates PC-21 and Hawk so I don't see them going east though for no reason!
Whatever floats your boat mate.......

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0

I think Gulf countries should be consistent with their military procurement. Qatar for example went for the EF, F-15 and Dassault Rafale. Who knows what we will they get tomorrow. The UAE seems to be following same thing. They have JV with Russia, deals with France and operates US made hardware. All Gulf states follow western doctrine they should stick to it.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
I think Gulf countries should be consistent with their military procurement. Qatar for example went for the EF, F-15 and Dassault Rafale. Who knows what we will they get tomorrow. The UAE seems to be following same thing. They have JV with Russia, deals with France and operates US made hardware. All Gulf states follow western doctrine they should stick to it.
Will UAE also go for rafales in future or no?

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
Will UAE also go for rafales in future or no?

Its seems like they will. If it were for me I would choose the EF over the Rafale. At least BAE is next door. Me, Scorpion and some other folks from the UAE were talking about same thing last week. I think there are many challenges that need to be addressed but wisely.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Its seems like they will. If it were for me I would choose the EF over the Rafale. At least BAE is next door. Me, Scorpion and some other folks from the UAE were talking about same thing last week. I think there are many challenges that need to be addressed but wisely.
You as well <3>, great to see like minded people here