UK joins Syria attacks | World Defense

UK joins Syria attacks

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Good that the Brits are joining the war against ISIS in Syria. I wonder though why almost everyone is interested in joining the fight against ISIS in Syria. Isn't the terrorist network in Iraq? Why can't some countries [the UK and their allies] focus on fighting the terrorists in Iraq while other countries like Russia pummel them in Syria?

phoenix2015

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
I wonder though why almost everyone is interested in joining the fight against ISIS in Syria
My guess is that the European countries want to help push ISIS out of Syria and try to stabilize the area as soon as possible, so they can start sending refugees back home.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
My guess is that the European countries want to help push ISIS out of Syria and try to stabilize the area as soon as possible, so they can start sending refugees back home.
That could be one reason but before Russia was in Syria the half-hearted attempts to fight ISIS were proof enough that ending the conflict in Syria wasn't their goal. Did the Paris attacks force everyone to rethink their strategies? Same way the 9/11 attacks forced the U.S to declare war on terror? It doesn't matter though. The whole world should playing a part in taking down ISIS.