UN Warns Philippines to End its Membership if Corruption is not Curtailed | World Defense

UN Warns Philippines to End its Membership if Corruption is not Curtailed

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
The UN is telling the Philippines to clean up its act or get out of the UN. This is usually reserved for countries like Libiya or the likes. The latest incident shows that the Philippines is not serious in its fight against terrorism. The are know cases where US military aide is getting into the wrong hands. Repeatedly USA has told the Philippines to clean up its act.

If the Philippines wants USA to help them over issues like the Sprately Island, the least they can do is run an honest government. USA and the rest of the world is getting fedup of throwing foreign aide down a Filipono black hole.

LA SOLIDARIDAD: UN Warns Philippines to End its Membership if Corruption is not Curtailed

tipoywizard

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Philippines
Yeah. It is indeed it is quite sad and alarming if the Philippines is removed as UN Member. We will loss a lot of previleges and the world will look us badly. Foreign investors will fly away from the country living millions to poverty. Ang it looks like the Tuwid na Daan is not working. I guess to curb corruption, it should start from the people themselves. 2016 is near and election is coming people should vote wisely, vote for those who have credibility and not just popularity. True and Honest election is the start of true change in the Philippines.

dyanmarie25

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
Philippines
The harsh reality is that the Philippines is not going to be a "corrupt-free" country in the next few years until all the government officials are ousted from their positions because personally, I don't think any of them is clean and has good intentions for my country. Philippines will not be a third-world country anymore if only our taxes have been put into good use, not on these corrupt people's pockets. Government officials are getting richer, Filipino citizens are getting poorer.

Radix24

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Philippines
No one is serious enough to fight corruption. Politicians are butterflies that float from one party to another. One party will mostly attack only other parties, and will not clean their own ranks. It will take someone with a strong will and strong connection to finally clean the country up. The current government is not doing what it promised to do...

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Why the Philippines only? How about Mexico, Columbia, Sudan, Syria and Iran? Those Latin American countries I've mentioned are guilty of housing big-time drug king pins and cartels. Their governments also kill their own citizens - basically anyone who opposes the status quo. Sudan, Syria and Iran are guilty of terrorist and militant activities. Had our corruption killed UN member-states? No.

morgan_titan

Reactions
5 1 0
Country
Canada
Why the Philippines only? How about Mexico, Columbia, Sudan, Syria and Iran? Those Latin American countries I've mentioned are guilty of housing big-time drug king pins and cartels. Their governments also kill their own citizens - basically anyone who opposes the status quo. Sudan, Syria and Iran are guilty of terrorist and militant activities. Had our corruption killed UN member-states? No.

Exactly. I doubt the corruption in the Philippines is as bad or worse than some of the other ones mentioned.

adfnio

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
This is true. The Philippines and it's Government is so corrupt that they think they can go on forever with this charade. The UN should do an audit to see where their money is really going to. You be surprised as to where it is actually going.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
The government needs to change and also, if it is still corrupt than people will fight over the country and civil war will happen as people have not got a lot of trust on the government and don't think it has done a lot. I reckon they need to find out where the money goes too and it has not been used in the relief effort that it was meant to be done for. I hope that, United Nations get to the bottom of this as Phiippines on it's own may not investigate properly and could hide things if done by itself.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
The Philippines' corruption is quite incurable as of the moment. Its officials owning hectares and billion pesos worth of properties and the even the public knows it. It's sad.