US & Australia Cheifs of Staff Chat | World Defense

US & Australia Cheifs of Staff Chat

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Turns out the US Army Gen. Martin E. Dempsey and Australia's Air Chief Marshal Mark Binskin sat down and had a chat about security issues.

Department of Defense said:
The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and his Australian counterpart met here today to examine security challenges and find ways to further strengthen ties as the U.S. military rebalances to the Pacific.

Dempsey told reporters that the
meeting was an important opportunity for both nations to discuss today’s complex global security environment.

Among the subjects that were discussed were
Iran, Russian aggression in Ukraine, and the campaign against Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant terrorists.

Dempsey, Australian Defense Chief Discuss Security Issues

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
I think it is a good idea that they sat down to chat. With the terrorist attacks on Australian soil and American soil, it is important that both countries are on the same page and working together to help stay ahead of these plans and protect civilians.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
The more countries work together to spearhead ISIS and other terrorist organizations the better our chances are of eliminating the threat. If there is tension or if counties are not willing to work together then terrorist have the advantage and are harder to fight.

TommyVercetti

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
Good for them I say. I cannot stress enough the importance of international cooperation and joint exercises concerning the western countries and their allies in the east. If we can ensure a common goal and an international will to enforce it, we can defeat any terrorist organization and prevent any future wars and conflicts from erupting.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
I had just posted in the War Against ISIS thread about news that I got today about the fight. Iran has seen the US as their enemy for years and yet they are willing to work with the US against ISIS. That is saying a lot. ISIS has achieved bringing disagreeing nations together to a common goal and belief. Guess ISIS did ONE good thing.