US - China talks | World Defense

US - China talks

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
This annual US-China strategic and economic dialogue had started. The 2-day talks will sort out the issues hounding the 2 countries in terms of military defense. US diplomat Danny Russel is confident that the summit will resolve some of the hot issues like that in the South China sea.

"US Secretary of State John Kerry and Treasury Secretary Jack Lew will host China’s State Councilor Yang Jiechi and Vice Premier Wang Yang for a private dinner on Monday, before the talks kick off at the State Department the next day."

More on this link: China, US set for ‘vigorous’ talks on tough issues | mb.com.ph | Philippine News

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
There aren't many tough issues to discuss anymore I think.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/17/world/asia/china-to-halt-its-building-of-islands-but-not-its-projects-on-them.html?_r=0
By declaring Tuesday that it would soon complete its contentious program of building artificial islands in the South China Sea, Beijing hopes to diminish tensions with the United States while reassuring its home audience that it has delivered on its pledge to resist American military pressure, experts said.

China got they want and the U.S is happy the tensions were defused before the relationship between the U.S and China could deteriorate any further.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
Well I don't know what the US and China have to discuss. China can do as it pleases and the US can't/wont say anything about it and yet still had China been a third world country then you would hear how America is concerned with human rights issues there.

NicCris

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
Romania

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I don't know if this is relevant in the topic. Just the other day, we met an old time friend who introduced us to a high ranking military man. In casual talks, he said that the demeanor of China and America is pointing towards business. I didn't get it at first but then he explained that a country preparing for war would put their money on the military. In other words, their defense department - of both China and US - will be getting a substantial piece of the national budget.

Xanthosh

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
Australia
China's very looking forward to economic development in the Asiatic region and also internationally. These talks will surely open up new paths for them to reach that goal.
I'm talking about the Asiatic region first because they are geographically stationed there, and internationally because the biggest markets i.e. Americas and Europe are far away in geographic terms.
Yet, I think this is positive. They should hold the talks, and come up with good strategies to better the average condition of humanity.

STM

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
Romania
What do they have to discuss though? China's too close-minded to come up with any idea that could potentially be considered contemporany. They don't even fully recognize the unmistakable right of an individual to be rightful of possessing private property. I would really not be up to talk to such reckoning.