BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
Gareth Jennings, London - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
29 March 2015

p1633441-main.jpg

The 12 F-15C fighters from the 125th Fighter Wing will conduct training with NATO allies, before forward deploying to the Netherlands and Bulgaria. Source: USAF

The United States is sending 12 Boeing F-15C Eagle fighter aircraft to Europe as part of an ongoing effort to bolster its forces on the continent under Operation 'Atlantic Resolve'.

The deployment, which was announced by the US Air Force (USAF) on 27 March, will see the 12 fighters and 200 airmen from the 125th Fighter Wing (FW), Florida Air National Guard (ANG), relocate to Ramstein Airbase in Germany for training with NATO allies.

The 125th FW is expected to be fully in place at Ramstein by mid-April, after which it will forward deploy to Leeuwarden in the Netherlands, and Graf Ignatievo in Bulgaria.

US deploys F-15 fighters to Europe - IHS Jane's 360

JPB_003

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
From what I understand, most people in these countries don't mind/like what the U.S. is doing. Which I find interesting to be honest. It's so easy to have an American Sucks attitude until you need help. Of course, we can't just leave allies out to roast because some people don't want us there, so I don't care either way.