US DOD Gives Aid To Napal | World Defense

US DOD Gives Aid To Napal

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
After the devastating quake in Napal that killed over 4000 individuals, the US DOD has stepped in to offer aid to the relief efforts.

Defense.gov said:
CAMP H.M. SMITH, Hawaii, April 30, 2015 – U.S. Pacific Command continues to work closely with the U.S. Embassy in Nepal and U.S. Agency for International Development colleagues to determine how Pacom forces and assets can assist the government of Nepal in the aftermath of an April 25 earthquake that killed thousands of people and has affected millions more.

The U.S. military has transported members of the USAID disaster assistance response team and urban search and rescue teams to Nepal, as well as a joint humanitarian assistance survey team of about 20 people to support the response team.

Coordinating the Response

The joint survey team has arrived in Nepal and is led by Marine Corps Brig. Gen. Paul J. Kennedy, commander of 3rd Marine Expeditionary Brigade, based on the Japanese island of Okinawa. The survey team will help in coordinating the response to USAID/OFDA validated requests from the government of Nepal in coordination with the U.S. Embassy in Kathmandu.

"We stand with Nepal during this very difficult time, and are ready to assist the government here in providing humanitarian assistance and disaster relief to those who so desperately need it," Kennedy said. "Our hearts go out to all those affected by this tragic event."

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Good gesture. I hope the aid goes with no string attached.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I reckon that, people question things sometimes when a country tries to help and they question the motives which is not a thing to be worrying about when help is needed in times like these. I think the money will be needed in a country like this and also, the aid will be a big help as well and should be good to see what happens in the coming days. Things get viewed as as politicial move and also, it should be viewed as a good gesture as well I think.