US Foreign Military Aid: 75% Goes To 2 Countries | World Defense

US Foreign Military Aid: 75% Goes To 2 Countries

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
U.S. foreign military aid: 75% goes to two countries - CNNPolitics.com

American taxpayers doled out $5.9 billion in foreign military financing in 2014, according to the government's Foreign Assistance report -- that's roughly the GDP of Somalia. But where did the money go?

To the usual suspects, mostly -- Israel ($3.1B) and Egypt ($1.3B) received roughly 75% of all foreign military aid money handed out by the U.S. last year.

The top five recipients of foreign military financing in 2014, according to the report:

1. Israel: $3.1 billion

2. Egypt: $1.3 billion

3. Iraq: $300 million

3. Jordan: $300 million

5. Pakistan: $280 million

What also stands out from the report is the regional distribution -- the Middle East (64%) and Africa (23%) account for 86% of all U.S. foreign military financing last year.

charris89

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
7 0 0
Country
USA
U.S. foreign military aid: 75% goes to two countries - CNNPolitics.com

American taxpayers doled out $5.9 billion in foreign military financing in 2014, according to the government's Foreign Assistance report -- that's roughly the GDP of Somalia. But where did the money go?

To the usual suspects, mostly -- Israel ($3.1B) and Egypt ($1.3B) received roughly 75% of all foreign military aid money handed out by the U.S. last year.

The top five recipients of foreign military financing in 2014, according to the report:

1. Israel: $3.1 billion

2. Egypt: $1.3 billion

3. Iraq: $300 million

3. Jordan: $300 million

5. Pakistan: $280 million

What also stands out from the report is the regional distribution -- the Middle East (64%) and Africa (23%) account for 86% of all U.S. foreign military financing last year.

Why am I not surprised? Israel of course has been receiving aid ever since we voted them in as a country. I understand the reason we give them so much aid. I wish we could use that money for our own people. We have Americans starving in our streets that could use some assistance. I don't agree with giving the other Middle Eastern countries aid, for the simple fact that I've been to the ME and I've seen how they misuse the funds we give them. Most of the officials are corrupt and the aid money we give them for aid usually line their pockets. I know they're not all the same, and there are some really good people over there. I just know from experience that it's usually the corrupt officials and not the people who are actually in need that get the money. If we're going to continue to give them massive sums of money, we should have better policies in place to insure people in need are receiving help. I hope the corruption has gotten better from when I was there. People in the ME are suffering and I don't mind helping them. I do mind helping people who aren't in need get richer.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Wow, what a big slice of the pie that Israel had received. That can feed all the people in my country for a year or so with hamburgers, pizza and even steak. Can those world leaders not realize how much money is being spent on military? If we do away with the war, maybe that money can be put to better use like beefing up the economy of poor countries particularly in Africa and in Asia. Tsk, tsk, war is really the scourge of man.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Why am I not surprised? Israel of course has been receiving aid ever since we voted them in as a country. I understand the reason we give them so much aid. I wish we could use that money for our own people.
I've heard it said that Israel is the U.S's "shield" in the Middle East. That they indirectly help keep America safe. I don't know how killing Palestinians is good for Americans but whilst the U.S government believes that, Israel will get Billions of dollars in military aid.

So even though the U.S is swimming in debt they'll give aid to any countries they presume can help fight terrorism or counter the influence of "rogue" states.

charris89

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
7 0 0
Country
USA
I've heard it said that Israel is the U.S's "shield" in the Middle East. That they indirectly help keep America safe. I don't know how killing Palestinians is good for Americans but whilst the U.S government believes that, Israel will get Billions of dollars in military aid.

So even though the U.S is swimming in debt they'll give aid to any countries they presume can help fight terrorism or counter the influence of "rogue" states.

That's very true. Israel is essential as our ally and they've actually benefited America's interests time and time again. Israel shares technology, advice, and has stopped countries from gathering the technology to produce nuclear weapons. Israel and America also do joint training exercises where we share techniques and other knowledge. I have been the recipient of a joint training exercise and it was wonderful. Not only did I get the chance to train with and train one of the best military in the world, I was also able to visit some of Israels beautiful historic cities. Israel makes some controversial decisions at times and I'm not saying everything they touch turns to gold. However I know there's no love lost between Jews and Arabs. They've been in conflict for centuries. It doesn't justify some of the actions they take, but they're constantly at war. When you're at war you do things that are outside the norm and sometimes unforgivable. I hope one day Jews and Arabs can find peace, but I don't think that time will be soon.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
I hope one day Jews and Arabs can find peace, but I don't think that time will be soon.
There have been wars in the Middle East for thousands of years now. To be honest as long as religious differences exist the conflict there will never end. But that doesn't necessarily mean that there can't be periods of peace if all parties involved were interested. It's Israel's arrogance that stands in the way.

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
If i start quoting people here it would be ridiculous. I do not know where to start. This is official money that is used to fund the wars in ME and Africa. And Israel is keeping US safe in the ME. Really? It sounds like The US are some small country in The Middle East. What are you doing there? Who called you? Why are you there? I do not need an answer, please. Funding wars has proven to be very lucrative business for the states. They have been practising this trend for some years now. Somehow, for peace makers as you appear to be you had been involved in one war to many and not so many of them were on your soil. So, Negro Rebellion in Cuba, Occupation of Nicaragua in Nicaragua, Occupation of Haiti in Haiti, Sugar Intervention in Cuba, Occupation of Dominican Republic in DR, Korean war in Korea, Lebanon crisis in Lebanon, Bay of Pigs Invasion in Cuba, Simba Rebellion in Congo, Dominican Civil war in DR, Vietnam war in Vietnam, Shaba II in Zaire, Tanker war in Persian Gulf, Invasion of Panama in Panama, Gulf War in , well you know, Somali Civil war in Somalia, Bosnian war in Bosnia, Kosovo war in Serbia and the newest one ISIS war. Now it looks like you are playing the game or Risk. Si vis pacem, para bellum? Right?