US to raise concerns over Iran missile tests | World Defense

US to raise concerns over Iran missile tests

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
US Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power said in a statement, “UN Security Council Resolution 2231 calls upon Iran not to undertake any launches of ballistic missiles designed to be capable of delivering a nuclear weapon. We will raise these dangerous launches directly at Council consultations, which we have called for, on Monday."

Washington considers Iran's recent launches as provocative and destabilizing and also designed to threaten Israel.

The United States will address its concerns over a series of ballistic missile tests by Iran on Monday, US Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power said in a statement.

“UN Security Council Resolution 2231 calls upon Iran not to undertake any launches of ballistic missiles designed to be capable of delivering a nuclear weapon. We will raise these dangerous launches directly at Council consultations, which we have called for, on Monday,” Power stated Friday.

Power stressed that Washington considers the recent launches “provocative and destabilizing,” and designed to threaten to Israel. Iranian state media reported a ballistic missile launch as one of the last steps in testing the capabilities of Iranian-produced missile.

Read more at US to raise concerns over Iran missile tests | mb.com.ph | Philippine News

explorerx7

Reactions
37 1 0
Country
Jamaica
Okay, I see. The United States is now asserting it's Israel's big brother role. I am not advocating for or Against Iran, I am just stating how the world turns as I know it. The furore is not merely that Iran did the test it was more because Iran had included threatening rhetoric aimed at Israel.
Iranians should have learnt by now that if they seek to provoke a confrontation with Israel, big brother United states is going to get them.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Now this is really confusing. I thought the United States and Iran have already come to an agreement with regard to nuclear proliferation? Have they or have they not resolved the issue? This news appears to negate previous reports of an agreement. Personally, I don't care what Iran does as long as it's not pro-ISIS and as long as they're not going to pull a NoKor.

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
They've resolved the issue related to Iran's nuclear program, but they seem to have missed the point about Iran developing weapons that can carry a nuclear warhead. So, its like Iran is preparing itself for a future nuclear weapon even if it does not have one right now. And that would be disastrous for the region. It will start a race in the middle east like never before and I don't know any countries in the middle east that have shown the kind of restraint that is needed when a country has nukes.