USAF adopts Israeli technique to fight ISIS | World Defense

USAF adopts Israeli technique to fight ISIS

remnant

Reactions
8 1 0
Country
Kenya
The US airforce has adopted a new battlefield technology used by Israel to fight ISIS. Known as the 'knock operation' it is used to get women and children out of the threat area when an attack is about to be launched. It is used to minimise civilian casualties as ISIS has come known to use human shields. The method has been used by the US to attack an ISIS financier said to be a major distributor of funds to fighters. It involves deployment of a Hellfire on top of a building using an air burst so as not to destroy the roof to warn women and children about an attack.

Infidel

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I don't see why people say this technique is controversial, no one is injured in this type of attack as it just gets civilians to leave the area so they are not caught up as collateral damage in a strike on an enemy position/weapons stockpile. It is better than simply dropping leaflets over the area which aren't always effective - an actual explosion however will kick in peoples natural instincts to flee danger and get people out of the area so it's clear for a proper attack. I think the people who say this method is wrong just do not understand the process fully and how it saves lives, no endangers them.

Susimi

Reactions
55 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I've never heard of this technique being used of before. Is it working with some degree of success? I understand about minimising collateral damage but using a missile as a warning to civilians, well wouldn't that also alert the enemies to an imminent attack too?

silentwarfare

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
USA
Eh, it works and it works fast as a scare tactic to civilians, but it's a lame way to evacuate an area. I guess the Israelis are lazy and the USAF is going to be too. It's kind of borderline on terrorist itself to scare the shinola out of people doing that whenever there are still other ways and enough time to evacuate them safely. If you can't reach them and that's the only way you can do it then ok, but if not, it's better to only use that as a last resort for the sake of the public.

HippyZomby

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
The only reason people are paranoid about it because they see the title USAD adopts Israeli techniques. That is all they read, they dont take the time to read the article to see we are trying to save innocent lives. I know how this country thinks. They see Israeli and think we are picking up terrorist techniques. My grandma called to ask me if that is what we were doing. No we are trying to stop them and work with tactics different from ours a different look on things in my mind.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
The only reason people are paranoid about it because they see the title USAD adopts Israeli techniques. That is all they read, they dont take the time to read the article to see we are trying to save innocent lives. I know how this country thinks. They see Israeli and think we are picking up terrorist techniques. My grandma called to ask me if that is what we were doing. No we are trying to stop them and work with tactics different from ours a different look on things in my mind.

So innocent:,(

What innocent lives are you saving? the US is the reason behind the mess going in Iraq. Millions have laid to rest because of the US invasion of Iraq and here you are playing innocent.