Value of the dollar surges | World Defense

Value of the dollar surges

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
HAHA Too bad it's not worth a flip here, at least not in my neck of the woods.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
It's great news for me here in the UK as a significant portion of my wage is paid in dollars and I really notice the difference when the value is low. Thankfully, we use the pound here, rather than euros.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
HAHA Too bad it's not worth a flip here, at least not in my neck of the woods.
It wasn't worth any more than the paper it's printed on, around here either. It's the American dollar, and Americans are the ones who aren't affected by the increase in value. :p. blah...
It's great news for me here in the UK as a significant portion of my wage is paid in dollars and I really notice the difference when the value is low. Thankfully, we use the pound here, rather than euros.

Really? I thought the euro was everywhere in Europe. Does that make a bi

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
There are only a few countries within the Union who don't use the Euro. Most people here are opposed to adopting it as their national currency. Personally, I'm perfectly happy with our pound and see no reason to change.

Reactions
23 0 0
Country
USA
Yes, we are doing better than any other country, but the world economy is still suffering because of the lingering effects of Reaganomics and combined Bush bungling. As long as we still have the effects of Republican economic plundering, the world economy will still suffer.

jeremy2

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Kenya
The effects of a surging dollar will vary depending on where you're from. The fact remains that most world currencies will feel the effect of a strong dollar.

gmckee1985

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
Yes, we are doing better than any other country, but the world economy is still suffering because of the lingering effects of Reaganomics and combined Bush bungling. As long as we still have the effects of Republican economic plundering, the world economy will still suffer.

What are you even talking about? Reagan hasn't been president for over 30 years. What in the world does he have to do with the price of the dollar now? Nothing. Not a thing. You left wingers really have to move on, and let go of the conspiracy theories. They're just silly.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
While I accept that a strong US dollar does help the world economy, I'm not too sure how that filters down to the man on the street if that makes sense?

While the US is doing better than most other countries in the world, and it must be true because Obama says so...are regular American workers seeing any improvement in their lives and more importantly in their pay check at the end of the week? My guess is probably not.

Reactions
23 0 0
Country
USA
What are you even talking about? Reagan hasn't been president for over 30 years. What in the world does he have to do with the price of the dollar now? Nothing. Not a thing. You left wingers really have to move on, and let go of the conspiracy theories. They're just silly.
We still have many jobs overseas (they are starting to return) and our Unions have been weakened by continued assaults on the working class. The recent economic collapse largely resulted from the same old Republican scam of short-selling, just as it has for every depression in the history of the U.S. (although the one after the War Between the States was the result of a few more factors). Conspiracy theories are more the province of Reich-wingers. Reagan and Bush-league economic theory may seem to be a conspiracy, but it is just a policy. Silly policy, yes.
Are the people "on the street" seeing the improved, thriving economy? Current polls seem to indicate that they do, and know who to credit.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
The Peso against US Dollar has been steady at approximately 42 pesos to the dollar for the last 2 years. Exporters have been complaining that their earnings struggle to match the expenses of production and marketing. But what should we do? It is foolish to devalue the peso just to satisfy the whims of the exporters.

STM

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
Romania
Most of my income I receive where I live is in USD, so that helps lots, though it is really questionable how they've managed to see such exponential economy growth... and I will probably never know, haha.