Veterans | World Defense

Veterans

vinceasneed

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
Our military is very brave. I do love how we have Veterans day and many of them can get free food and more on that day. But I feel there is more we can do. I mean not from the government but us as the lay people. If there any veterans on here who could comment on to what we as a citizens can do to appreciate you even more? I know that question might come back as nothing but if there is even one veteran out there that feels like there is something that we can do, I would be all ears.

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
It always makes me feel really happy when my dad tells me stories about how some of his customers who come into his print shop are veterans, usually just looking for small copy jobs, but he never lets them pay for whatever job they do if my dad knows that they're a veteran. There's one vet that comes in regularly for small copies or help with his email or faxing certain things, and the vet was so thankful for my dad being so nice to him that he bought my dad a six pack of beer. So every time my dad has one of them, he thinks about him.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Our veterans don't get anything like the respect US veterans seem to receive. I think it's a sad state of affairs - after all, these guys put thier lives on the line four our country. I think the UK could learn a lot from the US in this respect.

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
How come a garbage man or a sewer repairman doesn't get the same respect as the military ? Both a vital for society to function, both are extremely dangerous jobs. People who work with sewers or garbage are at risk for all sorts of disease. Going inside a sewer tunnel there is the danger of explosions or collapse. If garbage men or sewer workers ceased to exist tomorrow, within a month we all would be dead from disease.

The military is a job, a farmer is just as important and it is a dangerous job also.

xHysteria

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Australia
The best you can do it to respect them, there isn't anything more you could do. Thank them for their services and let them be in their days.

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA
Our military is very brave. I do love how we have Veterans day and many of them can get free food and more on that day. But I feel there is more we can do. I mean not from the government but us as the lay people. If there any veterans on here who could comment on to what we as a citizens can do to appreciate you even more? I know that question might come back as nothing but if there is even one veteran out there that feels like there is something that we can do, I would be all ears.
Veterans have put their lives on the line in order to help this country but we the people don't reach out to them enough. It's sad to see a homeless veteran, this makes absolutely no sense to me and I know we can do better that that.

gmckee1985

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
We definitely don't do enough for veterans in this country. First off, we don't pay them enough. Secondly, they sometimes receive subpar medical care. That is wrong. We dont celebrate our veterans enough in public and we don't make sure they have adequate employment.