Video: Bahrain security forces shoot directly at protester’s face | World Defense

Video: Bahrain security forces shoot directly at protester’s face

stryker

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
Video: Bahrain security forces shoot directly at protester’s face

top-bahrain.jpg

A video has emerged showing Bahrain security forces appearing to shoot a protester in the face at close range, using birdshots. According to activists, the video was filmed Tuesday in the capital Manama's suburb of Bilad al-Qadeem, which has seen daily protests ever since opposition leader Sheikh Ali Salman was arrested in late December.

In the video, a man holding up a poster of Salman is standing on a street corner, just a few metres away from an armoured police vehicle. The vehicle is covered in splats of paint, which local residents have taken to throwing from their windows when these vehicles roll through their streets. For a while, nothing happens. But suddenly, a slot opens in the side of the vehicle, and the barrel of a gun emerges. Shots are fired directly at the protester.

He then starts to run and collapses in the street. He can be seen bleeding profusely from his face. Several protesters rush to carry him away, and the camera cuts off. In another scene – which France 24 has decided not to show here, as it is quite graphic – the same man is being treated at an unknown location. His face is riddled with what appear to be small birdshot wounds. Birdshots are commonly used by Bahraini security forces against protesters.

WARNING: The following video may shock viewers

"The man was not taken to a hospital – protesters never are, because they know they would end up straight in jail"

Hussain Radhi is a human rights activist. He is a member of the Bahrain Center for Human Rights.

"Tensions have been very high in Bilad al-Qadeem since Salman’s arrest, because it is his hometown. Security forces have all sorts of tactics to quell protests, often using copious amounts of tear gas and shooting birdshots. This man was quite brave to go up to the vehicle like he did because, unfortunately, this is not the first time security forces have shot protesters at close range. Several other such incidents have been reported in the past.

The man was not taken to a hospital – protesters never are, because they know they would end up straight in jail. But our contacts in the neighbourhood say his wounds are being treated."

Salman, who is expected to stand trial at the end of the month, is a Shiite cleric accused of attempting to overthrow the government. He is also the head of the Al Wefaq movement, a Shiite political party that is highly critical of the country’s rulers. On Tuesday, another opposition activist, Nabeel Rajab, was sentenced to six months in prison for a tweet that allegedly insulted the army.

Bahrain is a Shiite-majority country (about 75 percent of the population), ruled by an exclusively Sunni monarchy and government. Since February 2011, members of the Shiite community who feel discriminated against have regularly gone into the streets in protest. Dozens of protesters have been killed since then.

Source: Video: Bahrain security forces shoot directly at protester’s face | The FRANCE 24 Observers

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
I don't defend such acts but those protesters motivation and activities are clearly treason to the country they belong to. Their loyalty is for Iran which consider Bahrain part of it. To know these protesters just take a look at what Iranian stooges do when they take control of a country in Lebanon (Hz), Iraq (Maliki), Yemen (Hothies), Syria (Bashar Al-Assad).

Mackmax

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
The thing that shocks me the most about this is that we have things like this going on in America. It is not as severe here, but it is certainly similar.
This is awful, and completely unjustified. I can't believe that the protestor didn't, couldn't seek medical help after being shot in the face because he'd be arrested immediately if he did. It really makes me wonder how many of the protestors have faced ftes similar to his, and how often this happens..

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
The thing that shocks me the most about this is that we have things like this going on in America. It is not as severe here, but it is certainly similar.
This is awful, and completely unjustified. I can't believe that the protestor didn't, couldn't seek medical help after being shot in the face because he'd be arrested immediately if he did. It really makes me wonder how many of the protestors have faced ftes similar to his, and how often this happens..
I believe they get medical treatment in Bahrain. Even terrorists who make terror attacks and survive get medical treatment before getting into the prison. I believe as well that these protestors are different from the ones in the US as their motivation is to take over the country for an external country. Their loyalty is not for their own nation but rather to their religious leader in Iran. Therefore, they must be stopped.

Tell me please, do protestors ride over policemen like this as they do in Bahrain?

Last edited:

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
The OP probably is probably a Shia. Those people see things upside down or simply the know but tend to ignore it for the sake of the Mullah.

RingoBerry

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Malaysia
Protesters can't just hope that the government will be lenient specially when they do their rallies and express violence without even considering the consequences. I'm not saying that they deserve to be shot at, but they didn't go there for peace either.

Last edited:

jeremy2

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Kenya
Human rights are universal. Every citizen of the world has the freedom of expression which should be respected by those in power. But those freedoms come with limits and protesters should uphold the rule of law whenever demonstrating. The police should also use reasonable force in quelling violent protests to minimize loss of lives and damage to property.