Violence Erupts in Baltimore, State of Emergency Issued | Page 2 | World Defense

Violence Erupts in Baltimore, State of Emergency Issued

zenfive

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Switzerland
I agree about rioting and looting not necessarily being the right way to go. Unfortunately, over the past decade peaceful protests have been met with pepperspray and more death. Do you remember Occupy Berkely? Do you remember reading about how many pregnant women were beaten by the cops and how many people nearly lost their lives? If peaceful protest and signing petitions, that are only going to be used as toilet paper before it gets to where it needs to go, doesn't work how SHOULD the people react to a militarized police force that kills innocent civilians? What if your child was next? How would you react? Picket lines and sit ins that just get broken up with night sticks and pepperspray? The people have run out of peaceful and respectful options for expressing their grievances.

I see what you are saying, but still the point remains; torching a CVS and looting stores isn't going to solve the issue of police brutality. Thats what really bothers me, the people who use these kinds of incidents as an excuse to spread violence and disruption. And even the mother of Freddie Gray was these people are doing is completely wrong, and it was her son.

User911

BANNED
Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
I hope this go beyond the State of Maryland to all US states.

Can you bring us some clear photos of the NG so we can discuss from a military prospective the gear and equipment used by them?
Why? What would be the point of trashing the businesses of hard-working people who had worked all their lives to build a good life for themselves? I have read multiple articles about how this guy had recently had surgery on his spine (which requires rest) and instead he is RUNNING away from cops and possibly hurting himself in the police van. I'm going to wait until I hear more but there is most likely A LOT more to this "poor me" story about the "mean policemen" who arrested this guy. It is sheer foolishness to riot long before all the facts are known. All these rioters are doing are hurting themselves as some of these businesses will probably pull up stakes and never reopen again and the rioters will have to travel that much farther to get services they need.

Oh, and it's not going to go through all the U.S. because the vast majority of U.S. citizens are good, decent, hard-working people who just want to be left alone to live out a decent life for themselves and their children.

And here it is: Report: Freddie Gray may have intentionally tried to injure self in police van | Fox News Granted the statement about Gray possibly hurting himself intentionally in the van is coming from another prisoner and criminals are not necessarily known to be trustworthy, however this needs to be checked out. The point is that we should not assume that someone (police officers) are guilty first. We need to assume innocence and then come up with the facts, truth and accuracy BEFORE we start making accusations about police brutality. After a thorough review, if it is in fact determined to be police brutality, then they should be arrested, tried, convicted and put in jail.

Last edited:

Goblinforhire

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
Kenya
I have read multiple articles about how this guy had recently had surgery on his spine (which requires rest) and instead he is RUNNING away from cops and possibly hurting himself in the police van. I'm going to wait until I hear more but there is most likely A LOT more to this "poor me" story about the "mean policemen" who arrested this guy.

It's interesting how you blame the dead person and have not once once questioned how the policemen in whose custody he was in could have had a hand in his death, innocent or not. Yes, he most likely was at fault but why is it that a man who was arrested on a minor offence ends up dead instead of alive in jail and regretting his actions?

I hate that the looting has happened though, I believe that there is some criminal element that uses the protests as a cover to cause mayhem and rob businesses, they don't care about these people's livelihoods and investments. That being said if the protesters of Baltimore hadn't been so loud this may just have been another death in the custody of the police.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
Why? What would be the point of trashing the businesses of hard-working people who had worked all their lives to build a good life for themselves? I have read multiple articles about how this guy had recently had surgery on his spine (which requires rest) and instead he is RUNNING away from cops and possibly hurting himself in the police van. I'm going to wait until I hear more but there is most likely A LOT more to this "poor me" story about the "mean policemen" who arrested this guy. It is sheer foolishness to riot long before all the facts are known. All these rioters are doing are hurting themselves as some of these businesses will probably pull up stakes and never reopen again and the rioters will have to travel that much farther to get services they need.

Oh, and it's not going to go through all the U.S. because the vast majority of U.S. citizens are good, decent, hard-working people who just want to be left alone to live out a decent life for themselves and their children.

And here it is: Report: Freddie Gray may have intentionally tried to injure self in police van | Fox News Granted the statement about Gray possibly hurting himself intentionally in the van is coming from another prisoner and criminals are not necessarily known to be trustworthy, however this needs to be checked out. The point is that we should not assume that someone (police officers) are guilty first. We need to assume innocence and then come up with the facts, truth and accuracy BEFORE we start making accusations about police brutality. After a thorough review, if it is in fact determined to be police brutality, then they should be arrested, tried, convicted and put in jail.
A thorough review is going to consist of a BS story from the cops about self defense, and everyone believing it. The cop in Charleston, SC even told people it was self defense. He was off the hook until the video surfaced of him shooting the victim in the back... While he ran. In Ferguson it was ruled self defense even though the kid only stole a cigar. Do you really think anyone is going to try to kill a cop over a stupid cigar? Do you not think a cold blooded murderer is capable of lying, too? As for the looting, and destruction they should concentrate their efforts someplace like the court house. When they loot stores instead, it comes across as a crime of opportunity instead of a public outrage against cops who murder without consequence.

User911

BANNED
Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
It's interesting how you blame the dead person and have not once once questioned how the policemen in whose custody he was in could have had a hand in his death, innocent or not. Yes, he most likely was at fault but why is it that a man who was arrested on a minor offence ends up dead instead of alive in jail and regretting his actions?

I hate that the looting has happened though, I believe that there is some criminal element that uses the protests as a cover to cause mayhem and rob businesses, they don't care about these people's livelihoods and investments. That being said if the protesters of Baltimore hadn't been so loud this may just have been another death in the custody of the police.
The main point I was trying to make is that the real FACTS need to be known before people jump to a conclusion and start rioting. I did read just today that there have been several police officers who have been arrested over this case. I truly hope the REAL STORY comes out, all the facts and if it is found that these police officers caused the death of this guy, they then should be prosecuted. I think there are probably multiple layers to this case and as each layer is put on top of the other, it gets more complicated. Normally an innocent person doesn't run away from police, but there has been some credible information that all of the guy's injuries could not have been caused by simply banging himself against the inside of the police van. I just want the truth and I think everybody else does too.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
If it were me instead of the police, would you still be so anxious to give me the benefit of the doubt? The police are only human and they're going to make mistakes. But they shouldn't be given the benefit of the doubt so freely when the rest of us would be hanged by now.