War erupts between Armenia and Azerbaijan | Page 2 | World Defense

War erupts between Armenia and Azerbaijan

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
I don't think Azerbaijan will risk it for the sake of Obama. Its basically give me my thing back as I understand Azerbaijan is trying to take the disputed area back which Armenia is occupying...correct me if I'm wrong.
Not just Obama,dont forget Europe.
If i were Azerbaijan,i would do it now,its the right time,with Russia being busy but who knows,to many options.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Tomorrow,there is a referendum on Ukraine(association agreement) all over the EU,what a coincidence huh?

It could be that Azerbaijan is taking advantage of the current state of affairs? If this is US move, it is a knee-jerk move that won't achieve anything. Russia will provide covert assistance, similar to how it did in Ukraine. And the West will back out. So they want to spread Russia thin for future attack, possibly.

Here are specs of both armies:

CfC0TNiWsAAM3Ag.png

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Happens one day after Azeri president meets with US Vice president:

Readout of Vice President Biden’s Meeting with President Ilham Aliyev of Azerbaijan | whitehouse.gov

So we can say that the US has a hand here? US and Russia are at each other's throats on many fronts, Georgia, Ukraine, Syria and now Armenia.

I don't think Azerbaijan could easily fall into the trap either set by the US or Russia. If that is really the case then here its another poxy war. Can the U.S and Russia fight each other directly instead so peace can finally prevail.

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
I don't think Azerbaijan could easily fall into the trap either set by the US or Russia. If that is really the case then here its another poxy war. Can the U.S and Russia fight each other directly instead so peace can finally prevail.
Peace in this era?
We live in the ME,there is never peace in that region.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country

This is pretty risky move, as it involve national militaries, not proxy militias. Russia has to provide assistance as soon as possible, or cede that region to Azerbaijan. If Azerbaijan does reclaim it, it can't violate Armenia's borders afterwards. So maybe Russia/Armenia will be content with that in the meantime. Until they further prepare counteroffensive. I don't know how valuable Armenia is to Russia though.

Azerbaijan is advancing in that disputed area according to all reports. Media is not reporting on it.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
If the US is behind this, don't be surprised if Caucasus front is opened soon too. That would be last resort, however, as Russia will feel very threatened and open front in Europe possibly.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
It sounds not good for Azerbaijan.

They're both throwing around claims, if we took them seriously, then by this point there have been near 400 KIA from both sides. On another note, seems Iran is sympathetic towards Azerbaijan because it believes they're ethnically Iranian. No wonder Russia has love hate relationship with it.