Saudi Arabia

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Armenia Warns Of ‘Full-Scale War’

Armenia on Monday threatened to formally recognize Nagorno-Karabakh as an independent state and said the international community should put pressure on Azerbaijan to prevent ongoing fighting there from escalating into a “full-scale war.”

President Serzh Sarkisian dismissed a “unilateral” ceasefire announced by Baku on Sunday as he briefed Yerevan-based ambassadors of OSCE member states on the situation on the Armenian-Azerbaijani frontlines. He said international calls for a halt to the hostilities will fall on deaf ears unless world powers force the Azerbaijani leadership to revert to a 1994 truce that stopped the first Karabakh war.

“Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh stand for a cessation of hostilities and strict observance of the 1994 ceasefire regime and for the withdrawal of all army units to positions and barracks held by them until April 1, 2016,” he said.

“A so-called ‘unilateral ceasefire’ is out of the question because the 1994 truce agreement signed by Azerbaijan is still in force, and Azerbaijan … has an international obligation to adhere to the letter and spirit of that document,” he stressed.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia

Armenia on Monday threatened to formally recognize Nagorno-Karabakh as an independent state and said the international community should put pressure on Azerbaijan to prevent ongoing fighting there from escalating into a “full-scale war.”

President Serzh Sarkisian dismissed a “unilateral” ceasefire announced by Baku on Sunday as he briefed Yerevan-based ambassadors of OSCE member states on the situation on the Armenian-Azerbaijani frontlines. He said international calls for a halt to the hostilities will fall on deaf ears unless world powers force the Azerbaijani leadership to revert to a 1994 truce that stopped the first Karabakh war.

“Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh stand for a cessation of hostilities and strict observance of the 1994 ceasefire regime and for the withdrawal of all army units to positions and barracks held by them until April 1, 2016,” he said.

“A so-called ‘unilateral ceasefire’ is out of the question because the 1994 truce agreement signed by Azerbaijan is still in force, and Azerbaijan … has an international obligation to adhere to the letter and spirit of that document,” he stressed.

I fully support Azerbaijan in this conflict and I hope Saudi Arabia adapts my stance.:D

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Azerbaijan, Armenia locked in deadly clashes over Karabakh
Baku (AFP) - Clashes between Azerbaijani and Armenian forces over the Nagorny Karabakh region left at least six people dead on Monday as the worst violence in decades over the disputed territory continued for a third day.

A spokesman for the Armenia-backed separatist authorities in Karabakh told AFP that three civilians, including a 92-year-old woman, were "brutally killed" by Azeri troops" in the village of Talysh in the breakaway region.

- Russia, West urge ceasefire -

Azerbaijan said three of its troops were killed overnight when Armenian forces shelled its positions using mortars and grenade launchers.

@Gabriel92 @T-123456

This is still going on, where is it heading?

I fully support Azerbaijan in this conflict and I hope Saudi Arabia adapts my stance.:D

If you want to support them, don't do so just because they're Muslim. I personally don't support either side here. Azerbaijan is a center influence in which Turkey and Iran are competing for. If Shia Islamists in Azerbaijan gain influence, they will form ties with Iran. I don't know if Iran is ready to do something to upset Russia. So we have a country which believes Azerbaijan is part of Iran and want to gain influence there, and then you have Turkey which believe Azeri's are ethnically Turkish. So it's an ethnic war that doesn't make sense. I don't support war over unnecessary ethnic interests.

I will remain neutral, but will report on this conflict.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Baku (AFP) - Clashes between Azerbaijani and Armenian forces over the Nagorny Karabakh region left at least six people dead on Monday as the worst violence in decades over the disputed territory continued for a third day.

A spokesman for the Armenia-backed separatist authorities in Karabakh told AFP that three civilians, including a 92-year-old woman, were "brutally killed" by Azeri troops" in the village of Talysh in the breakaway region.

Azerbaijan said three of its troops were killed overnight when Armenian forces shelled its positions using mortars and grenade launchers.

@Gabriel92 @T-123456

If you want to support them, don't do so just because they're Muslim. I personally don't support either side here. Azerbaijan is a center influence in which Turkey and Iran are competing for. If Shia Islamists in Azerbaijan gain influence, they will form ties with Iran. I don't know if Iran is ready to do something to upset Russia. So we have a country which believes Azerbaijan is part of Iran and want to gain influence there, and then you have Turkey which believe Azeri's are ethnically Turkish. So it's an ethnic war that doesn't make sense. I don't support war over unnecessary ethnic interests.

Azerbaijan is part of the Islamic alliance and its against Iran. Maybe we can build a military base over there who knows.(*_-)

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
If Shia Islamists in Azerbaijan gain influence, they will form ties with Iran
Azeri's dont drink Red Bull,they will never side with Iran,they call them selves Azeri's
(Turks)first,not Shia's.
See,the nation comes first in Azerbaijan,nobody talks about religion as it was in Turkiye,before Erdogan.
About the war against Armenia,
Azerbaijan wont stop until Armenia stops.

Gabriel92

Professional
Reactions
676 14 0
Country
France

@Gabriel92 @T-123456

Still trying to figure out if the current events are small skirmishes like in the past or the begining of a full scale war ?

Gabriel92

Professional
Reactions
676 14 0
Country
France
@WebMaster What's your policy over graphic contents ?
-
Casualties seem high on both sides.

*graphic*

Armenian soldiers killed today.

AkybOYL.jpg

lgyBSGQ.jpg
Clr1vos.jpg

0DUw101.jpg

Azeri soldiers killed today.

aAZiy2R.jpg

KwxESNp.jpg

This is war. It is ugly,dirty.....

Last edited:

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Azerbaijan is part of the Islamic alliance and its against Iran. Maybe we can build a military base over there who knows.(*_-)

This is a valid reason, it's well within everyone's right to choose or support a side they wish to support. I'm just against the notion that all Muslims should be have a preconceived stance or position in support of any entity primarily for also being Muslim. That wouldn't make sense.

@T-123456

This is what I meant. Anyway, can you update us with any info from Azeri media?

Still trying to figure out if the current events are small skirmishes like in the past or the begining of a full scale war ?

39 killed since the skirmishes, so it's currently an open warfare situation of low intensity. Whether it will merge into becoming a full scale war depends on the claims made around this territory, how far either nation will go in that regard.

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
This is a valid reason, it's well within everyone's right to choose or support a side they wish to support. I'm just against the notion that all Muslims should be have a preconceived stance or position in support of any entity primarily for also being Muslim. That wouldn't make sense.

@T-123456

This is what I meant. Anyway, can you update us with any info from Azeri media?

39 killed since the skirmishes, so it's currently an open warfare situation of low intensity. Whether it will merge into becoming a full scale war depends on the claims made around this territory, how far either nation will go in that regard.
Armenia loses another 3 tanks, 30 servicemen - UPDATE (VIDEO)
Pakistan, Belarus, Georgia ready to support Karabakh conflict’s fair settlement
Azerbaijani armed forces may carry out strikes on Khankendi - UPDATED
Global ignorance of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict should be blamed for renewed hostilities
Baku ready for ceasefire if occupant forces withdraw from Azerbaijani territories

Armenia loses another 3 tanks, 30 servicemen - UPDATE (VIDEO)
- AzerNews

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Another one? This is terrible. It is interesting how nothing happened for 22 years and right now out of the blue it escalates. It smells like another third party intervention for the 'greater good'. I have see something like this with my own eyes in my country. The territory of Kosovo and Metohija was Serbian land forever. However, Albanians have got some wind in their back by NATO and the U.S. to claim it is their land. We fought for that territory with stronger opponents for hundred of years and NATO and the U.S. just needed to explore raw materials and use the good position of the region. This looks like another intervention that will finish the same way. I don't know who want what in here? But there is some kind of plot.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe while there's been tensions between these two countries for a numbrt of years, they've waited till the rest of the world's eyes were focused on Syria and IS they though that nobody would notice if they started killing each other?

Who knows why the tensions have suddenly escalated into what's looking like a war but I think this is the last thing the world needs right now. Who's going to intervene in this one? Russia? UK? USA? or are we just going to let them fight it out?