206 22 0
Country
Pakistan
War with Pakistan is inevitable: BJP MP
By News Desk
Published: December 27, 2017

1594393-swamy_-1514398417-826-640x480.jpg

Indian lawmaker Subramanian Swamy. PHOTO: File

An Indian lawmaker belonging to the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has called for his government to begin “serious homework” for a war with Pakistan.
Subramanian Swamy, a Rajya Sabha MP, said the time has come to “wage war against Pakistan,” Press Trust of India reported.

“I don’t say that we should do this [declare war] immediately, but we should start doing serious homework for this right now.”

The Indian lawmaker was speaking on India’s allegation that the family of convicted spy Kulbhushan Jadhav was harassed in Pakistan, a claim that Islamabad has denied.
He likened the alleged harassment to “Draupadi’s vastraharan”.

“It’s my personal opinion,” Swamy, a member of India’s parliamentary consultative committee on external affairs, said as an apparent corollary before saying “It [the personal opinion] often becomes party’s opinion also.”

India accused Pakistan on Tuesday of harassing the family of self-confessed spy on death row Jadhav, saying their meeting was held in an “atmosphere of coercion”.

Jadhav met his mother and wife in Islamabad on Monday, their first meeting since his arrest from Balochistan last year on charges of espionage and terrorism.

“It appears that Jadhav was under considerable stress and speaking in an atmosphere of coercion,” the Indian foreign ministry said in a statement shortly after top Indian officials debriefed his family in New Delhi.

However, the Pakistan Foreign Office rejected India’s claim that Jadhav’s family was harassed during their meeting.

“The Indian baseless allegations and twists that come 24 hours later, about the visit of the wife and mother of Commander Jadhav are categorically rejected,” it said in a statement on Tuesday night.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1594393/1/

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Cretin is what cretin does:
Watch him here for a minute:

Moron he is.
Wild card of the BJP is him.
@SOUTHie Can you translate for us, what did the news anchor say?

vsdoc

BANNED
Reactions
38 1 0
Country
India
I've been saying this since 2009 ....

What's so difficult to digest about what Mr. Swamy has said?

War became inevitable when one way of life failed to exterminate the other.

Both cannot survive cheek by jowl to each other.

I've said it before. Those interested can find enough posts of mine saying the same.

True lasting peace between India and Pakistan will come through war.

A war after which one of the two will no longer in the future ever be able to wage war.

Both national parties know this. The BJP only vocalises it more. Nothing else.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:

Indus Falcon

Professional
Reactions
206 22 0
Country
Pakistan

I've said it before. Those interested can find enough posts of mine saying the same.

A war after which one of the two will no longer in the future ever be able to wage war.

Cheers, Doc
You need your head examined.

Indus Falcon

Professional
Reactions
206 22 0
Country
Pakistan

Both national parties know this. The BJP only vocalises it more. Nothing else.

Cheers, Doc

A war between two, nuclear armed neighbors? Kulbhushan strategy failed big time, that's why?

Nilgiri

BANNED
Reactions
224 22 0
Country
India

It was said by the English to the French and vice versa many many times...but it really wasn't their bilateral pernicious nearly millennia spanning conflict that did so.

I say that's significant to this because if you look at what territories they had in contest for centuries on their population scales, it would be a much much worse partition...imagine dozens of kashmirs spread all over the subcontinent and kept active. For every Agincourt, there was a Joan of Arc....till the English simply ran out of money and interest to keep the whole bloody ego based affair going....and that time scale involved many many generations and lack of quick annihilation options (which like it or not does much to stay the military hand).

Honestly all things considered in history and size of population involved, India and Pakistan are not the most vicious wars/conflicts, not even top 50....so neither does there need to be some armageddon to resolve it. When the egos are deflated over time and the real issues are focused on (i.e how to improve the economic condition of the masses)....helped along by the sword of damocles that is mutually assured destruction (and whatever level of reality/bluff one perceives in that buffer it creates)....the call for war will likely temper and whither away.

S Swamy btw is increasingly senile and he is out there to cause trouble for trouble sake before that. That is not what BJP needs, also neither does he represent all of BJP....or even a relevant chunk of it. He has done some useful things, and taken worthy positions....but those fit more when BJP was underdog largely....now it just seems silly when he keeps doing this drama....work on making BJP better, not continually hammering the same attitude everywhere. But then, I guess its his personality....maybe it is yours too?

SOUTHie

Reactions
132 8 0
Country
India
@SOUTHie Can you translate for us, what did the news anchor say?

haha, that's a funny video. I have no complete idea what he said. Something like let's see what Mr. Subramanya Swami did. Anyway, the video is hilarious, Mr. Swami was going to try the knot on women. (going to marry her) suddenly the other women stopped his hands. :xD:

And I'm free Kerala, speaks Malayalam, the clip is in Tamil. Tamil Nadu.

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India
haha, that's a funny video. I have no complete idea what he said. Something like let's see what Mr. Subramanya Swami did. Anyway, the video is hilarious, Mr. Swami was going to try the knot on women. (going to marry her) suddenly the other women stopped his hands. :xD:

And I'm free Kerala, speaks Malayalam, the clip is in Tamil. Tamil Nadu.

To add a little context, a highpoint in the Hindu ritual of marriage in the south (not in the north) is the tying of the sacred thaali around the neck of the bride by the bridegroom. For someone other than the bridegroom to do so would be preposterous, hilarious; like the father in law responding 'Qabool' during the Nikaah, instead of the groom (I hope I have the context; I am not too sure). This ass was asked to dignify the ceremony by handing over the thaali to the respective bridegrooms (seems to have been a mass marriage). He fuzzily thought he was supposed to tie them instead.

An incredible faux pas by a supposed Hindu.

Incidentally, @SOUTHie, Malayalam separated out from Thamizh about three hundred years ago; you should be able to follow much of the conversation, especially as they speak at 33 1/3 rpm, and you lot speak at 78 rpm!!! (I've never managed to follow Malayalam, although I have a certain amount of 'butler' Thamizh, and 'autodriver' Kannada).