Was a nuclear weapon used in Yemen? | World Defense

Was a nuclear weapon used in Yemen?

Psyche

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I am curious what you guys think of this: Possible Tactical Nuclear Strike (Neutron Bomb) in Yemen? | Global Research - Centre for Research on Globalization

On one hand even Michel "crazy pants' Chossudovsky says the report is "unconfirmed". And since this report was first posted there has been almost zero reactions even from the conspiracy nutzoid brigade.

But on the other, it does not seem to wildly implausible to me that some one like the Saudis might use the opportunity of the chaos in Yemen to test out a little nuclear something something the have been developing?

As time passes and there are no definitely tests showing fallout (something you can't really hide) the more I think it is just a crackpot theory about a "normal" explosion. But the implication if it is not... well, it could really blow things up in international relations.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
I don't think so. What you see in the video is the outcome of the explosion and who knows what kind of weapons were there. Saudi Arabia doesn't have nuclear weapons and even if secretly does it won't be that stupid to test them in Yemen.

Psyche

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
New Zealand
Yes I think you are right. I was given in to having "fun" (if you could call it that) imagining scenarios that would lead to a nuclear weapon being dropped, and the consequences that might follow. But in the cold light of rationality it is pretty implausible.

Given what life was like in the 80s it is amazing how generally unlikely the use of full on nuclear weapons has become I any of the active arenas of conflict that currently exist in the world.

At least until Putin manages to screw it all up with his latest round of escalation and saber-rattling rhetoric.

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
I also don't think it is nuclear but there are power plants and that could happen. I think the world would know if it was nuclear attacks as this can be devastating to the people around there. Also Yemen, why would it be there?

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
They've been some wild claims that nuclear bombs have been used not just in Yemen but also in Ukraine and Syria. How could this be done and it fails to elicit a response from the international community?

People love sensational news and even if the news is fake as long as it will draw more eyeballs to some of these websites . . . they'll post the fake news.

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
Lets hope it stays fake as the nuclear warfare is a disaster nobody wants to endure in this lifetime. Horrific effects for years and years afterwards.

Reactions
23 0 0
Country
USA
"Mushroom clouds" are produced by explosions of sufficient size, whether nuclear or not. The explosion in the video looks like it was probably a site with some stored explosives, or perhaps just a blockbuster type of bomb. The lag between the explosion and the loss of video rules out radiation effects.
I also find the concept of using neutron bombs as a tactical weapon unlikely, especially since the videographer lived, and the recorded video exists. The explosion is entirely wrong, it does not resemble a tactical nuke at all.
I have known of two (possibly two reports of the same incident) cases of the possible use of tactical nukes in Vietnam, both incidents when fire-base was in danger of being captured and a 150mm nuke (5 ton yield) was fired.

Last edited:

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Pardon me if this may be a segue but I find some news reports disturbing particularly those I read in social media with links to a certain website. For all we know, such reports were deliberately composed and published to have a semblance of true news reporting but the controversial issue is just to attract viewers so their site or blog gets ample hits. This is the gimmick being used by some local bloggers.

STM

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
Romania
A nuclear weapon would be more devastating than what I saw in the video, to be honest. It's called for a reason "nuclear". This is just a bad and faux attempt of putting fear in the average human. Trust me, no nuclear weapon does this little damage. It mightn't seem little either, but it is way more devastating just like I said.

Sinan

Reactions
226 2 0
Country
Turkey
I am curious what you guys think of this: Possible Tactical Nuclear Strike (Neutron Bomb) in Yemen? | Global Research - Centre for Research on Globalization

On one hand even Michel "crazy pants' Chossudovsky says the report is "unconfirmed". And since this report was first posted there has been almost zero reactions even from the conspiracy nutzoid brigade.

But on the other, it does not seem to wildly implausible to me that some one like the Saudis might use the opportunity of the chaos in Yemen to test out a little nuclear something something the have been developing?

As time passes and there are no definitely tests showing fallout (something you can't really hide) the more I think it is just a crackpot theory about a "normal" explosion. But the implication if it is not... well, it could really blow things up in international relations.
Nope, you can't simply cover such a thing. Even the origin of the bomb will be revealed in a detonation.
Nuclear MASINT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tanis

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 1 0
Country
Germany
The notion that somebody could trigger nuclear weaponry undetected with the number of satellite capable of detecting radiation spikes is a little silly, I think. Global intelligence networks are incredibly on-point about the state of nuclear weapons around the world and I imagine if a nation developed them and utilised them anywhere, even remote Yemen, it would become public very quickly.

I won't completely rule the idea out, but it does sound pretty implausible. I'm sure if there's more evidence, things will begin to make more sense.

ke gordon

Reactions
12 0 0
Country
USA
I don't think so. What you see in the video is the outcome of the explosion and who knows what kind of weapons were there. Saudi Arabia doesn't have nuclear weapons and even if secretly does it won't be that stupid to test them in Yemen.

I doubt it. I am wondering why the recent explosions in China had a "mushroom cloud" involved. I don't now who and why would be exploding nuclear devices in yemen. It certainly seems like a strange thing to to do and one that many people would object to happening. At least that would be my take on it.