Artesh

Reactions
100 5 0
Country
Iran
Hi there guys...

hangin around in the cyber space,

i found this topic:

i just write answers to a single phrase of this topic ...

The initial Syraqi offensive is a decisive success that overruns Khuzestan​
I don't know how much do you know about Iran/Iraq War !!!

So, I start from Very First ...

1- Surprise attack of Iraqi Air Force, compeletly Failed due to low Training and Experience of its Pilots.

We only lost a plane that later was repaired.

The day After attack, we showed our merci with 192 planes attacked Iraqi "Valueable Targets".

2- They said We will capture "Khorramshahr" in 1 day, "Khuzistan" in 3 days and "Tehran" in 7 days.

But, they were stopped at so-called "DEJ" -Fortress - s for 3 days.

they were a series of 60 Cement fortress , each one has a garrison of 20, consisted of:

1 M-47 / 48 Medium Tank

1 106 mm Gun

1 M2 .50 cal HMG

1 60 mm Mortar

2 RPG-7 Teams

1 MG 3 A 1 LMG

The Fortresses were crewed by elements of "151st Inf. Bn." .

3- Iranian Gendarmerie Troops had fought with Iraqi forces, back in 1962, 1974 and 1978, each time they were defeated.

4- The Battle of Khoramshahr lasted 34 days !!!

Iranian Forces, Consisted of:

92 Arm. Div. --- 1st Marine Battalion --- Gendarmerie Troops --- Newly Formed "IRGC" volunteers --- "Army Officer College" volunteers ---

Defended Town to last man, last bullet, last drop of their blood.

4- Iraqi forces could not capture "Abadan" , but sieged it, the siege was later broke during "Samen-ol-Aemmeh" Operation.

5- Iraqi forces were stopped at North-Western Front in 10th day of war.

6- they were stopped in Western front in 27th day of War.

7- they stopped at central Front in the 3rd month of war.

8- They never Captured "Ahvaz" - "Andimeshk" - "Masjed Soleiman" - "Susa" - "Shushtar" - "Ramhormoz" ...

9- in fact, they never "Overrun" Khuzestan Province.

10- they lost their Navy in 67th Day of War. (Op. Morvarid)

11- Single Handed, The Iranian Navy Gunboat "IRIS SHAMSHIR (EN: Sword) - P-227" Under Lt. Zarrabi, had shot down 11 Iraqi planes dung first 3 month of war.

So, was it a Great Victory for them?

Is it counted as an Victory?

Please feel free to comment.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Without getting into so much detailed. Yes Iraq had some how managed to infiltrate inside Iran and caused so much damaged with big loss being of innocent Iranian civilians ~ 500k lost their lives due Iraqi army not playing by the roles instead targeted innocents people. Had Iraq won the battle? No. Had Iran won the battle? No. Both lost because no one achieved the overall objective. So the question should be who walked out with minimal loss? Iraq did. Although Iraq had the fourth strongest army at that time, Iran managed to stand firmly against the mighty power of Iraq. At the end Iran had to accept the peace initiative in return for Iraq to withdraw from the occupied territory.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hi there guys...

hangin around in the cyber space,

i found this topic:

i just write answers to a single phrase of this topic ...

The initial Syraqi offensive is a decisive success that overruns Khuzestan​
I don't know how much do you know about Iran/Iraq War !!!

So, I start from Very First ...

1- Surprise attack of Iraqi Air Force, compeletly Failed due to low Training and Experience of its Pilots.

We only lost a plane that later was repaired.

The day After attack, we showed our merci with 192 planes attacked Iraqi "Valueable Targets".

2- They said We will capture "Khorramshahr" in 1 day, "Khuzistan" in 3 days and "Tehran" in 7 days.

But, they were stopped at so-called "DEJ" -Fortress - s for 3 days.

they were a series of 60 Cement fortress , each one has a garrison of 20, consisted of:

1 M-47 / 48 Medium Tank

1 106 mm Gun

1 M2 .50 cal HMG

1 60 mm Mortar

2 RPG-7 Teams

1 MG 3 A 1 LMG

The Fortresses were crewed by elements of "151st Inf. Bn." .

3- Iranian Gendarmerie Troops had fought with Iraqi forces, back in 1962, 1974 and 1978, each time they were defeated.

4- The Battle of Khoramshahr lasted 34 days !!!

Iranian Forces, Consisted of:

92 Arm. Div. --- 1st Marine Battalion --- Gendarmerie Troops --- Newly Formed "IRGC" volunteers --- "Army Officer College" volunteers ---

Defended Town to last man, last bullet, last drop of their blood.

4- Iraqi forces could not capture "Abadan" , but sieged it, the siege was later broke during "Samen-ol-Aemmeh" Operation.

5- Iraqi forces were stopped at North-Western Front in 10th day of war.

6- they were stopped in Western front in 27th day of War.

7- they stopped at central Front in the 3rd month of war.

8- They never Captured "Ahvaz" - "Andimeshk" - "Masjed Soleiman" - "Susa" - "Shushtar" - "Ramhormoz" ...

9- in fact, they never "Overrun" Khuzestan Province.

10- they lost their Navy in 67th Day of War. (Op. Morvarid)

11- Single Handed, The Iranian Navy Gunboat "IRIS SHAMSHIR (EN: Sword) - P-227" Under Lt. Zarrabi, had shot down 11 Iraqi planes dung first 3 month of war.

So, was it a Great Victory for them?

Is it counted as an Victory?

Please feel free to comment.

That is an interesting topic to talk about. The Iraqi side of story is told differentially. Battle of Khorramshahr was the only place Iraq managed to occupy and cause sever damage to the Iranian forces all the way to Abadan and stopped about there. Other than that the losses were pretty much close in terms of figures. Iraq was superior to Iran in training and equipment. Iran was able to gather huge number of fighters outside the military including women and children in addition to buying weapons from Israel, Libya and Syria. The overall number of casualties was recorded in the Iranian side. Both have accepted the UN resolution and iraq withdrew forces from area of Shatt al-Arab. So to say who won in the battle is rather a fallacy because Iraq with its offensive didn't get what it wanted and Iran was in the defensive mode.