We Are Against Freedom Of Speech — Canadian Imam | Page 3 | World Defense

We Are Against Freedom Of Speech — Canadian Imam

Mackmax

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
They contradicted the hell out of themselves. "We defend the freedom of speech, but there has to be a limit, a code of conduct". If there is a limit on what you can say, and someone dictates what you can and cannot say, you do not have a freedom of speech. That is common sense. Freedom of speech is necessary, and is one of the most important rights a person could have.
I also think it is incredibly ignorant to shoot up a building because a cartoonist called your religion violent. You are only making yourself look bad, and are digging your own grave, really. Nobody's religion is safe from criticism, and that is a good thing, because most religions are very silly and need to be made fun of. Ahmed needs to keep in mind that not everyone has to like, follow, or respect his belief. Taking away rights from people just because your feelings got a little hurt? That is ridiculous.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
Well, I guess that they don't feel that or else they can simply quit the job, it's a matter of conscience and if some feel that having the law on their side makes it right, others might not.

RobertNick

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Romania
I'm a supporter too for individuals treating one another's convictions in a deferential way and I flinch when I see distributed materials that are deliberately provocative. That being said, it is extremely unlikely that hostile words and pictures from creators ought to legitimize their physical mischief and passing . They key for a free group is being able to hold open talks.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
That is for sure, but in a time where extremists are killing people all over the globe we really don't want to mess with them do we? Are we like a kid who likes to poke the bear with a stick? What's the need?