We need to increase sports like wrestling in Pakistan

Berke

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Pakistan
Asalaamualaykum, how are you all doing?

I look at our situation, we are surrounded by enemies on pretty much the vast majority of our border. Even if it was just a problem on the Indian border, we are still looking at a dire situation. They have a massive nation,which is basically continent, they outnumber us something like 7:1. Their economy is about 10 times bigger and they spend way more on their military too. This should be a cause for concern but I don't see people treating it as a concern in real life. I haven't been to Pakistan in quite a while but the last time I was there, the markets were full of our enemy's merchandise (bollywood) & whilst I saw strong spirit, I don't think they were ready for a fight or war at any given time.

I think we need to push sports like wrestling in our society. It produces strong men, men who know how to fight. Also sports involving guns. Whilst I don't want to give guns to everyone lol, I do think people should know how to use one and there should be competitions/designated places where people can practice.

What is the advice of the Prophet (pbuh) about swimming, archery, horse riding, etc.? | Questions on Islam I strongly suggest reading this article about the Prophet (pbuh) encouraged. I was trying to find hadith but I found this great article instead.

I look at places like Dagestan and why Muslims there have such a combat culture. They know the danger they are in, they are ready for war, both physically & mentally. Yet I don't see pakistanis showing the same sense even though we in a similar situation where war could break out. I have been negligent in this regard too. Many other Muslim nations have also been negligent and they have paid the price.

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
Walaikum salam wa rahma,

Decline in sports culture in Pakistan is attributed to many factors, primary being lack of sporting facilities and making cricket everything. If you compare cricket with any other sport it needs lesser stamina technique and is a more time consuming game. Pakistan once were brilliant in hockey and squash, this cricket culture destroyed that. There are emerging people in mixed martial arts and boxing, but they don't get enough support and recognition, similarly in bodybuilding, men's physique, wrestling, volleyball etc everything is destroyed and overshadowed by cricket.

Pakistan can produce very good talented players in all these sports including basketball, football and swimming too only if we provide adequate facilities and recognition. Athletics culture is missing in school, infact most of schools in Pakistan are run in bungalows now .... and government never introduced any legislation that a school without sports grounds, courts and pool cannot be registered. Now these private schools are a mafia, and the funds that were set aside for grounds and parks in cities ........ nobody cared to check and monitor Qaim Khaniz.

However, there is still hope, fitness culture in Pakistan is getting its hold, you can now see men and women alike joining the gyms.

!eon

Reactions
426 10 0
Country
Pakistan
You are right. Govt should help in spread of healthy sports.
Cricket in not healthy sport. It's time and money wasting activity. Look at the salaries of PCB.

Berke

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Pakistan

I've seen kabadi too but I've never really came across someone who actually plays it. Crowd seems pretty pumped up in the video.

Did you watch the mark wiens food videos? He went to Multan in one of them and they showed wrestling.

maxpane

Reactions
476 8 0
Country
Pakistan
I've seen kabadi too but I've never really came across someone who actually plays it. Crowd seems pretty pumped up in the video.

Did you watch the mark wiens food videos? He went to Multan in one of them and they showed wrestling.
no sir i did nt but in our village people played kabadi and volly ball in the evening

Berke

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Pakistan
You are right. Govt should help in spread of healthy sports.
Cricket in not healthy sport. It's time and money wasting activity. Look at the salaries of PCB.

I don't even think we take cricket seriously. Some of the cricket team when they came for the world cup, they were in a shisha bar. If a sportsman here even does shisha on his holiday, the english press will absolutely KO him for promoting a unhealthy habit. But I don't think our cricket board punished anybody.