We will talk in a language India understands: Pakistan | World Defense

We will talk in a language India understands: Pakistan

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
We will talk in a language India understands: Pakistan

Pakistan on Saturday appeared to threaten India with retaliation over the killing of its soldiers in cross-border firing, saying it will now “communicate in the language they understand“.

“In the past six—seven months, we have tried to better our ties with India so that peace can prevail. But it seems that they do not understand this language,” Defence Minister Khawaja Asif told reporters outside the Pakistan Parliament.

“I believe, we will now communicate with India in the language they understand,” he said.

Asif’s remarks came after four Pakistani rangers were killed in BSF’s strong retaliation after a jawan of the force lost his life in heavy firing from the other side on a patrol on December 31 along the International Border in Jammu and Kashmir’s Samba district.

“Day before yesterday’s incident has been taken up at every level from the army’s side. The issue was taken up at the very location of firing, then we established contact from one post to the other,” Asif said.

“After that we took up the issue at the level of Rangers and BSF, than at the DGMO level, we also explored the diplomatic channel. We have taken up the issue at every possible level,” he said.

Asif made the remarks also in response to the alleged killing of a 13-year-old Pakistani girl from Sialkot in cross-border firing.
We will talk in a language India understands: Pakistan - The Hindu

DeltaForce103

THINK TANK
Reactions
62 2 0
Country
India
This has to be the most pointless and continued loss of life in human history. I believe India has started to assert an amount of power somewhat proportional to its size in the region under Modi, instead of allowing cease-fire agreements to be broken as they pleased, something Pakistan doesn't appreciate.

joshua minaya

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
I don't really think Pakistan has the capacity to face India this is just my personal opinion though.

DeltaForce103

THINK TANK
Reactions
62 2 0
Country
India
I don't really think Pakistan has the capacity to face India this is just my personal opinion though.
It's more of a mathematical impossibility. And of course, they know it. But keeping India as the big bad wolf has benefits in terms of population control.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
This has to be the most pointless and continued loss of life in human history. I believe India has started to assert an amount of power somewhat proportional to its size in the region under Modi, instead of allowing cease-fire agreements to be broken as they pleased, something Pakistan doesn't appreciate.

This is just going to make things worse. I don't even see their point of such threat like that's going to solve anything (facepalm). I say continue with the ceasefire deal. Too many lives are going to be once again affected by such emotional reactions by these leaders.

DeltaForce103

THINK TANK
Reactions
62 2 0
Country
India
This is just going to make things worse. I don't even see their point of such threat like that's going to solve anything (facepalm). I say continue with the ceasefire deal. Too many lives are going to be once again affected by such emotional reactions by these leaders.

Kashmir has been historically a highly contested region between the two countries, with over 3 wars fought over it. Cease-fire deals have been tried over and over again throughout the years, but they are repeatedly violated by the Pakistani army. Pakistan is also a global hub for state-sponsored terrorism, and there is clear evidence for their smuggling and support of militants into the Indian side. This is what happened only a couple of days ago.

Pakistani boat blows up, killing four, following Indian coast guard chase - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

The Pakistani government uses the idea of India being a constant threat to national security to maintain control over the population and anti-government protesters. So far this has served them well, but under the new government, India has begun to retaliate with similar force. And this has led to them complaining to the UN, and even hinting nuclear war at one point.

Therefore, it isn't an emotional response from the Indian side. But the only realistic response possible, since all the other options have been thoroughly exhausted to the point of desperation.

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
I feel like this is such a stupid command that probably won't get anywhere. India could eat Pakistan for breakfast and have room for another country! It just doesn't make any sense to me why they would even try to stir up more trouble with a country that big and powerful.