West's Hypocrisy Is Obvious — Erdoğan | World Defense

West's Hypocrisy Is Obvious — Erdoğan

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
No wonder Putin likes the guy and sees him as a hero or something akin to it. This time, Erdoğan turned his attention to the West and gave them a piece of his mind:
Erdoğan accuses West of hypocrisy over Paris attacks
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan accused the West on Monday of hypocrisy for its stance over the attack on the satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo and the hostage-taking at a Jewish supermarket in Paris, while failing to condemn anti-Muslim acts in Europe.
But this time round I believe he has a valid point.
"As Muslims, we've never taken part in terrorist massacres. Behind these lie racism, hate speech and Islamophobia," Erdoğan said. "Please, the administrations in the countries where our mosques are attacked need to take measures."
"Games are being played with the Islamic world, we need to be aware of this," said Erdoğan.
And even had a special barb for Netanyahu
Erdoğan questioned why Netanyahu participated in the march and "waved [at crowds]" after committing "state terrorism by killing 2,500 in Gaza."

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
Very well said! Sadly, middle east news are washed away by the western society. Nobody cares what happens in Gaza or in another far away place. But if it happens in the heart of europe, everyone is on their toes.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
No wonder Putin likes the guy and sees him as a hero or something akin to it. This time, Erdoğan turned his attention to the West and gave them a piece of his mind:
Erdoğan accuses West of hypocrisy over Paris attacks

But this time round I believe he has a valid point.

And even had a special barb for Netanyahu

HAHA Putin is trying to take the new reviver of the Ottoman empire to his side.

@Topic, Erdogan is right in what he said especially what you have quoted.

Netanyahu is a war criminal, I don't know why France allowed him to participate in the march.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
Erdogan has a point because Turkey is a Muslim country and he needs to defend his population. The issue to be faced here is the extremist and not Muslims in general.

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
I don't think that the attacks at the mosques in France isn't properly sanctioned by their laws and that they tolerate their people to do it, and even encourage them on doing that, because it's the responsibility of the government to maintain peace and order in its country. The attacks only cause tremor and instability, and I don't think that France wants that. I don't think that they are just hypocrite. They just can't control the minds of their people. They could only listen and do as much as they could to help them.

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
That is definitely correct. Retaliating against other Muslims who have not indicated any agreement with the actions of the terrorists is totally wrong.

I am a Christian, and I support religious freedom. Although I do not agree with Islam, I support every person's right to pray to whoever they want. But whenever someone's religious actions, or actions they do in the name of their religion harms someone else, that is where it can no longer be tolerated. I think we have a very complicated situation going on here because of the nature of Islam and the contents of the Koran.

petesede

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
Yeah, I think Turkey picked the losing side of this debate, right or wrong. You can win the debate, and be accurate in your assessment, but in the end harm your countries economy. The problem most people in the west have is that we know it isn´t just the terrorists, the money trail almost always ends back at a muslim ´ally´. Almost all the money that was used to support Al Queda came from Saudi Arabia.

zenfive

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Switzerland
Yeah, I think Turkey picked the losing side of this debate, right or wrong. You can win the debate, and be accurate in your assessment, but in the end harm your countries economy. The problem most people in the west have is that we know it isn´t just the terrorists, the money trail almost always ends back at a muslim ´ally´. Almost all the money that was used to support Al Queda came from Saudi Arabia.

And where do you think Saudi Arabia gets all that money from? The West. It is easy to simply say that one country is where it all stemmed from and to always trace it back to them. But the problem is, the story doesn't always stop there. There are usually hidden agendas that countries engage in, and there are things that they don't want us to know, and we probably never will. That's the kind of thing Snowden wanted to get rid of. I'm not saying that there's always some big conspiracy behind everything, but we have to look at the facts and realize that the story isn't always black and white. We could get into that a lot deeper but that would be getting very off topic.

I really do agree with what Erdoğan is saying though, the hypocrisy is very evident, especially what he said about Netanyahu. People are sometimes so quick to jump on board the hype train and follow whatever the popular opinion, or sentiment that is being expressed, and don't actually spend time to understand the issue. However, Chancellor Merkel did attend a Muslim rally in Germany too, and has vowed to protect all religions in Germany, and Fracois Hollande also said the same. But it is one thing to simply say something, and a complete other to actually act upon those promises.

starshine

Reactions
34 1 0
Country
Canada
There is a world of double standards in the West, but I think that is true anywhere, probably.

The points this guy mentions are spot on. If you are against terrorism, you should not let the head of a terrorist state march within your ranks against terrorism just so that he can have some positive PR (let's face it, there is nothing Israel wants more than positive PR)

Just after this attack, you got a lot of people defending the freedom of speech, and you got a lot of people in France arrested for voicing their opinion when their opinion was not condemning the terrorist attack. It was differentiated from normal freedom of speech by being called "hate speech" or a "call to crime" or "apology of murder/terrorism". And yet, at the same time, the internet had tons of people (and had before this day) calling to "Kill all the Muslims!" and that was not judged hate speech or a call to crime/murder.

It's not really a fight for freedom if it's just about opportunism and changing the rule of the games for the people on our "own team".

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Netanyahu is a war criminal, I don't know why France allowed him to participate in the march.
Who wants to be branded anti-Semitic? He's a Jew and the holocaust I suppose gave them the right to murder others with abandon "because they are protecting themselves from extinction."

Or is it, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend?"