What do you think are the 2 most powerful countries in Europe? | Page 2 | World Defense

What do you think are the 2 most powerful countries in Europe?

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
The power of the UK is not superior to the one from Germany. I mean, they have a close relation with the US and that is a plus, but at the same time we all know that Germany is the country that rules Europe or the EU.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
While the German economy is certainly the strongest, I'm not convinced its the most powerful in Europe in many other ways. Certainly from a military point of view, while its got the numbers, it doesn't usually take any sort of stance on issues that might be affecting the world.
I think if a country from outside the EU is looking for an ali, I think there are other countries that would be chosen over Germany.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
The issue is that these days economy rules the world so when looking for allies Germany us certainly the strongest candidate simply because they have a lot of power over the other countries.

Pinoy Jade

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Philippines
Russia is the most powerful country in Europe i guess especially that the military reserve they have is big. Comes next is great Britain and not to forget Germany who is once one of the most powerful country during the world war

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
Only a small part of Russia is in fact in European territory Pinoy, so I don't think we can consider them the strongest country in Europe. Germany yes, they tried twice via military power and now via economy to take over Europe.