What happens when Russia rises again? | World Defense

What happens when Russia rises again?

vinceasneed

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
Most economists agree that the sanctions and gas prices are hurting Russia but will not be a permanent issue. They think that Russia in the next couple of years will come out of the problems they are having. They might not rise to be a superpower or anything, but they might have just enough power to wield influence on the area. I wonder how Russia will conduct itself then when it knows it has more economic clout.

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Things cannot ends easily like this , we're talking about Russia .. especially if there is a huge power standing behind them like China !

In their worst cases , they'll target USA's interests around the world and that will carry USA to protect its interests which that one of the preliminaries for a " fierce war " .

Cmok

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Most economists agree that the sanctions and gas prices are hurting Russia but will not be a permanent issue. They think that Russia in the next couple of years will come out of the problems they are having. They might not rise to be a superpower or anything, but they might have just enough power to wield influence on the area. I wonder how Russia will conduct itself then when it knows it has more economic clout.
I dearly hope that Russia rises again, I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't want for a country to be successful economically and politically. USA has been giving it's best to suffocate the country with sanctions but unfortunately for them it's not going as planned. The problem is USA knows how to function only in a world which it controls fully, anyone opposing their neocolonialism is demonized, branded an enemy and dealt as one. Currently there's a split forming between the USA and EU, as we've seen France and Germany are trying to sway away from the USA.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
When Russia no longer needs the West as a trading partner I think what we should prepare for is WW III. It's unlikely that Russia will embrace peace. The Russians have always wanted former Soviet Nations to join the Russian Federation. I suppose they might start by annexing those [nations] which aren't in NATO while they plan their next moves.

But I hope that Russia elects a smarter president once Putin is gone. Maybe he'll reverse the damage that Putin has done.

DeltaForce103

THINK TANK
Reactions
62 2 0
Country
India
It is important to consider that Russia is one among many other emerging economies. The indications are that the future will be a multilateral world with a fairer distribution of wealth and power. It will become progressively harder for any country to project global hegemony and pursue an irrational vendetta, without facing the consequences.

If for some reason, Russia is willing to face the disastrous economic consequences of military conflict with the West, China most certainly will not.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
I think Russia will only be humbled when they engage in war and are beaten badly like the Germans were. Russia just thinks that it is so mighty and powerful but they will not and can never win a war against the NATO forces. Russia should put in the effort they do on their army into their economy and they would be much better off. These days economic power is greater than military power.

vinceasneed

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
What is interesting though is that countries we never would have thought would be our friends are now our friends. An example would be of course Japan. If we would told people during World War 2 that we would be friends with Japan, people would have balked. So it would be nice if Russia toned down and seeks friendship with the USA. It is unlikely I know, but it would certainly help things on the world stage.

rares209

Reactions
6 0 0
Country
Romania
I think this is a great question. Right now, it looks like Russia is preparing something or, better said, they want to show that they want to expand again. And, as you said, thei economic situation may be holding them back, but I don't think this is the only reason. Anyway, I don't know why, but Russia always gave the impression of wanting back it's former Soviet Nations and I think it's just a question of time until they will take action.