What is the most peaceful nation? | World Defense

What is the most peaceful nation?

vinceasneed

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
I have traveled to 22 countries and will continue to travel. I love it. I have been to some very peaceful countries and some where I was nervous almost everywhere. I have found that I felt extremely comfortable in Japan. I had no fear at all of crime. I also felt this way in Switzerland. In Quebec City, Canada, I felt ok but was approached and asked if I had any marijuana and another time by an intoxicated man, but nothing where I was scared. Germany felt relatively safe except on New Years Eve when I was in Berlin and people were going crazy having little too much fun. Based on where you all have been, which country would you say is the most peaceful?

Muthoni

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Kenya
I have not traveled out of my country and for that reason, I may be biased. I would have to say that my country Kenya is very peaceful. We have several tribes and we have coexisted without much conflict. Terrorists have tried to invade our land many times and many lives have been lost. That said when a situation occurs in our nation citizens join together for a common good.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
The most peaceful place I ever visited was a Greek island called Zakynthos. Not all the Greek islands are peaceful though, many of them are holiday hotspots for young travellers, so you will see a fair amount of drunken behaviour.

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
I really want to check out Zakynthos this summer. I heard exactly the fact that it's pretty peaceful and relaxing out there.

Onionman

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
Switzerland is definitely one of the most peaceful nation. It doesn't even have a standing army and has always been good at taking the neutral stances in conflicts. That's as good a reason as any to see them the most peaceful nation.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
I think the most peaceful countries are the ones with the smallest populations. Where there is too much people then you will normally have some form of conflict. I think the Islands would rank high in the peaceful nations and for a big country I would say Canada is relatively peaceful.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I have never left the US, but judging solely on word of mouth and what Ive seen on TV, I would guess it would be Canada. I would include the UK in that, but I saw "Braveheart", so I have the preconceived notion that they have a mean streak.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
So far, I think I would say Canada. I have not encountered anything weird when I traveled there. And the locals are really mellow too! The Philippines is also a good place. The people are hospitable.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
So far, I think I would say Canada. I have not encountered anything weird when I traveled there. And the locals are really mellow too! The Philippines is also a good place. The people are hospitable.

I have a friend who moved to the US when he was 12. Based on what he's told me they really are hospitable. They also have people who'll knock you down and steal your wallet, though. He told me the tricks to hiding your money so you don't lose it. Honestly, though, I guess you probably have that almost anywhere. I never heard of it happening in Canada, though.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
New Zealand is pretty peaceful. Been there a couple of times, Sweden and Austria are nice aswell. Of the countries i've been to they're about the nicest I think.

Of course, going there as a tourist can be very different than actually living there. I think most countries and cities will have a a bad side to it.

Having said that, aswell as the countries I've already mentioned, I've been to a lot more and I can honestly say I've never felt at risk anywhere.

Rakan.SA

Reactions
591 1 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I have traveled to 22 countries and will continue to travel. I love it. I have been to some very peaceful countries and some where I was nervous almost everywhere. I have found that I felt extremely comfortable in Japan. I had no fear at all of crime. I also felt this way in Switzerland. In Quebec City, Canada, I felt ok but was approached and asked if I had any marijuana and another time by an intoxicated man, but nothing where I was scared. Germany felt relatively safe except on New Years Eve when I was in Berlin and people were going crazy having little too much fun. Based on where you all have been, which country would you say is the most peaceful?
its hard to answer for me.
there are countries that are not necessarily peaceful ppl they could be racist but its secure. you know they have good cops if something happens you know they will respond fast and protect you.
then you have countries that has peaceful nice ppl but there is corruption and if things go bad the cops might not stand with you.
anyway have you visited to saudi ?

I have never left the US, but judging solely on word of mouth and what Ive seen on TV, I would guess it would be Canada. I would include the UK in that, but I saw "Braveheart", so I have the preconceived notion that they have a mean streak.
your first trip should definitely be saudi (:-)

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Euro
First you have to define peaceful. If you mean "stays out of other people's business" (with military means) then that would probably be something like the Vatican. :D Also Switzerland are very neutral and as far as I'm aware they never deploy any troops outside of their own borders.

If it's about how life feels there, general security etc. Then I'd probably go with Iceland. I think their police have had to use a weapon like once in the past 20 years or something like that... they even issued a public apology for having to resort to using a firearm to solve the situation.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Yeah, Iceland certainly is the most peaceful nation. Maybe the people have learned to love peace because it's so cold out there?

By the way I had look around to see where the U.S ranks in as far peacefulness is concerned. Number 101 out of 196 isn't that bad, is it?

starshine

Reactions
34 1 0
Country
Canada
I'm from Canada -- if some parts may be friendly and peaceful, I would for sure not say that we are a peaceful country in general. There are many Hell's Angels problem, gang problems in the cities, criminality like every where else, and we have troups deployed overseas etc etc.

Germany also has its share of problems, of violent crimes (against immigrants, for instance, and also from immigrants at times), of drugs and violence...

Maybe Switzerland is peaceful. With all the mountains and the views, and the historical neutrality, I'd say it has good chances of it. I'd say Iceland and New Zealand would be the other big peaceful places I can think of, though I know them just through common narratives and through my friends who have been there.

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Sweden
Well, according to the Global Peace Index Iceland is the most peaceful nation on Earth. However, Sweden hasn't fought a war for 200 years! I think we hold the world record for that one.