What is your favourite fighter jet? | World Defense

What is your favourite fighter jet?

kestas57

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Mine would have to be a mix between the Eurofighter Typhoon and a F22. Both are awesome planes. The F22 is more technologically advanced but the Typhoon is more maneuverable.

So, what is your favourite fighter jet?

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
F-22 hasn't seen enough action to warrant being my favorite Jet. Its got amazing technology but there hasn't had enough opportunity to prove itself.

As for my favorite? I am gonna go real old school here and go with the Messerschmitt Me 262. It was the first operation jet Powered Fighter. It saw limited action in the War because of Hitler's insistence that it be able to carry bombs, but when it did finally enter service there was nothing in the sky that could compare to it, even after the British introduced their own Jet the Me 262 remained king of the skies.

horse next door

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Germany
My favorite is the good ol' F-18. I like it because of its design and it is kind of a symbol for me for the USMC.

zenfive

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Switzerland
I think I would have to go with the F-16, just for the sake of good ol' memories that I've had over the years using it on old fighter jet games with my cousins and stuff. And I used to have a bunch of little models of them in different colors too, so yeah I'd probably go with that.

kestas57

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
F16 is a seriously good looking plane. Sleek and modern but I don't like that it only has one engine. Seems a little underpowered to me despite all of the engineering that goes into those things.

rares209

Reactions
6 0 0
Country
Romania
From the present day, I would choose the F-35 Lightning II, but my all time favorite fighter plane would be the Spitfire, mainly because ot looks great and it was the first fighter that focused on maneuverability rather than power.