What On Earth is Putin Up To? | World Defense

What On Earth is Putin Up To?

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Putin just signed a decree allowing foreign nationals to join their army. Why would he need to increase the size of his army and let foreign nationals join? What is he up to.... this is not a normal occurrence. As far as I can see, to allow foreign nationals in the military increasing its size they are preparing to go into a really big war. To maintain a military is very expensive, so you want it as small as possible during times of peace. When at war then you swell your ranks to ensure possible success. Inviting foreign nationals is a clear indication that he is trying to increase the size of Russia's military and there is only one country they would pick a fight with that would require them to increase the size of their military, The United States. So again I ask, what is he thinking!

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Obviously, he's trying to reestablish the Soviet Union. He's going to pick up where his communist predecessors' left off and see it through to the end. It's just my prediction. Otherwise, he won't be acting the way he is now. If you're someone with no "superpower" ambitions then why would you support the annihilation of a territory that was already given to another country without fuss? My only hope is that Russia and China's similar motives will somehow meet, clash and destroy each other.

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
Obviously, he's trying to reestablish the Soviet Union. He's going to pick up where his communist predecessors' left off and see it through to the end. It's just my prediction. Otherwise, he won't be acting the way he is now. If you're someone with no "superpower" ambitions then why would you support the annihilation of a territory that was already given to another country without fuss? My only hope is that Russia and China's similar motives will somehow meet, clash and destroy each other.
Russia is already behaving like it did during the early stages of World War 2. People forget that Hitler and Stalin were allies in the beginning and it wasn't just Germany which invaded Poland. Russia has been making claims on other nation's territory for a few years and most recently invaded Ukraine. Its really only a matter of time before they make a claim on something that is going to draw NATO into.

skipper

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
Sabre rattling, perhaps? I think signing a decree to allow foreign nationals to join is different from actively expanding your military. It's giving them options to expand, for sure, but it doesn't in itself mean expansion. It sounds like another poke in the eye to the rest of the world, which seems to be Putin's forte these days. It's not so much an actual act of aggression - yet - but rather an implicit "See what I can do if I really want?"

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
It looks like he's wooing back those belonged to the old Soviet Union. By signing the decree he's sending the message to [I'm sure he's targeting former Soviets] that any time they want to go back, Russia will welcome them with open arms. I believe that he [Putin] certainly does have the intention of reviving the old USSR.