What went wrong with Iranian Islamic Revolution? | World Defense

What went wrong with Iranian Islamic Revolution?

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
This is something I always wandered about. Early on, in the late 70's and early 80's many Sunni's applauded Iranians on the Islamic revolution. Palestinian military movements were inspired by it, Al Qaeda co-founder Abdullah Azzam celebrated Imam Khomeini's victory in Iran. Iran began assisting Palestinians, it didn't have an exclusively Shia agenda. It also was one of the countries that armed Bosnians during the conflict with the Serbians. It also sponsored Hezbollah movement in Lebanon. Later a war with Iraq erupted, fast forward more, Iran still relatively has positive image in Sunni Arab world. However in the past 5 years that has changed much, sectarianism has increased significantly, Iran is demonized in Arab media, and Iran's priorities now are more inline with assisting Shia's mostly.

What went wrong during this whole period? And how can their image be fixed in pertains to Arabs and what is required for reconcilation with Arabs?

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Honestly, I only learned about the sectarianism of Islam in this website. It is surprising to know about Sunni and Shiite or Shia that they have their differences. Before this website, I thought all along that Muslims have only 1 religion and no sect unlike Christians which have countless of denominations. With Iran and Saudi Arabia on the opposite poles of Islam, I would say that's a good balancer. I cannot imagine a united Muslim group - it would be so powerful as to claim the world maybe.