What would you think would happen if a superpower such as Russia suddenly invades us? | World Defense

What would you think would happen if a superpower such as Russia suddenly invades us?

rofltank

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
Be specific with your answers. Step by step, what do you think will happen if a superpower invades us out of the blue, whether is it by air, naval, etc.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
With NATO missiles shield that is all over Europe, Middle East and Asia, Russia has a little chance of waging war on the US. If such thing happens expect other countries to join in like China. Russia will first try to strike vital locations in the US like the sea ports of California. Since both countries are geographically huge, nuclear missiles will be used to inflect devastating outcome. To be quite honest, its very hard to determine what would be the result of Russia/US confrontation but definitely no men, women, children, animals, tress..will be spared. Every living thing on this earth will perish.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Without wishing to sound negative, I suspect we'll simply get the four minute warning and BOOM that'll be it. Maybe it's better to go like that, at least it would be instant!

User911

BANNED
Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
I don't know if it would be Russia or not, I'd suspect Iran first, IMO. Our shields mean nothing if the person in charge (BO) or Valerie Jarrett, depending on what's really going on at the highest levels, orders a stand down as someone did in the Benghazi murders. So if our leadership refuses to defend America against a nuclear attack, it would depend on the time of year as to what would happen. If a nuke came over and wiped out the power grids in the northern regions, millions would die just from exposure. After that, it would be sheer panic and chaos as the people left over would try to make it to the southern regions. Food and gasoline would run out very quickly and more would die. By the time we were physically invaded, most of the damage would be done and BO, John Kerry and Valerie Jarrett would be too busy cozying up to our destroyer to be concerned about what happened to "the little people". After that, it would be every man for himself depending on the number of hits we took or if it was only one or two hits in the summertime, millions would die but it would be possible to hang on to our nation if we ousted our leadership. After all, Japan survived nuclear attack, we could too if given the chance.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I don't know if it would be Russia or not, I'd suspect Iran first, IMO. Our shields mean nothing if the person in charge (BO) or Valerie Jarrett, depending on what's really going on at the highest levels, orders a stand down as someone did in the Benghazi murders. So if our leadership refuses to defend America against a nuclear attack, it would depend on the time of year as to what would happen. If a nuke came over and wiped out the power grids in the northern regions, millions would die just from exposure. After that, it would be sheer panic and chaos as the people left over would try to make it to the southern regions. Food and gasoline would run out very quickly and more would die. By the time we were physically invaded, most of the damage would be done and BO, John Kerry and Valerie Jarrett would be too busy cozying up to our destroyer to be concerned about what happened to "the little people". After that, it would be every man for himself depending on the number of hits we took or if it was only one or two hits in the summertime, millions would die but it would be possible to hang on to our nation if we ousted our leadership. After all, Japan survived nuclear attack, we could too if given the chance.

Iran doesn't have missiles with a range that can reach the US.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
I think it's not necessary to be so specific about this. Ukraine's a living testimony to what will happen should a superpower like Russia invade a country. First, there will be loss of lives. Second, there will be destruction of private properties and buildings. Third, there will be utter chaos. Fourth, we'll be sick and tired of waiting for UN, NATO and other countries to come to our rescue.

Last edited:

rofltank

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
I think it's not necessary to be so specific about this. Ukraine's a living testimony to what will happen should a superpower like Russia invades a country. First, there will be loss of lives. Second, there will be destruction of private properties and buildings. Third, there will be utter chaos. Fourth, we'll be sick of waiting for UN, NATO and other countries to come to our rescue.

Wouldn't you think it would be extremely bland for us to be "waiting" for the UN or NATO to come to our "rescue"? Obviously, Russia is a military superpower, but that doesn't contradict the United States from immediately stopping an invasion from overseas. Ukraine is a very different nation from the United States both economically and militarily. We're not going to let a nation step into our country and make us look like puppets.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Wouldn't you think it would be extremely bland for us to be "waiting" for the UN or NATO to come to our "rescue"? Obviously, Russia is a military superpower, but that doesn't contradict the United States from immediately stopping an invasion from overseas. Ukraine is a very different nation from the United States both economically and militarily. We're not going to let a nation step into our country and make us look like puppets.
Tell that to the hundreds of thousands of office drones in your country. Tell that to the millions of women, children and disabled individuals who don't know a thing or two about holding weapons or defending themselves. You can put your trust on your government, but if you're an underdeveloped country, such trust won't be of use. Hence, the cry for support from the international community.

JPB_003

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
We have to first exclude super-weapons such as nuclear bombs. If you include those we just nuke each-other, 90%+ people die, and it's done. If a full scale war would happen without them, it would be bloody, scary, and the U.S. would eventually "win".

TinVanMan

Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
I find hard to even imagine a large scale invasion on U.S. soil but I will try. I think that it would begin by air. Probably, we would be attacked on both coasts by a massive airstrike to shut down our outward facing defenses. Then, if the country had nuclear capabilities I imagine they would send in bombs that could destroy key targets, such as D.C. After that we would probably see ground forces deployed in unpopulated areas where they could set up bases quickly and unimposed. I do wonder if this is really possible, but I think this is how a major attack would have to happen to have a good chance of working.

gmckee1985

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
Russia would never be dumb enough to invade American soil. They don't have the military fire power as of now to compete with us. Coming to our shores would just make it that much easier for us to wipe them off the face of the planet. It's an interesting thing to think about, and I'm not saying it's completely far fetched. But a lot of different things would have to go right for Russia to go undetected to the point that they would even have the opportunity to invade.

jeremy2

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Kenya
Be specific with your answers. Step by step, what do you think will happen if a superpower invades us out of the blue, whether is it by air, naval, etc.
1: State of emergency will be declared.
2: The national guard will be activated ASAP.
3: Gas masks will be distributed at an alarming rate.
4: I expect a few states to be hit by nuclear bombs resulting in unimaginable number of deaths.
5: US will hit back hard and probably succeed in driving away the invading army.

westmixxin

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
Both countries understand that it's impossible for them to go to war since they both have incredibly powerful nuclear weapons. Instead they just pic on smaller countries that don't have nuclear weapons because it's smarter thing to do. They'll play around with each other and throw threats in the air but they know better than the sacrifice their entire country just were petty conflict.

rofltank

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
Tell that to the hundreds of thousands of office drones in your country. Tell that to the millions of women, children and disabled individuals who don't know a thing or two about holding weapons or defending themselves. You can put your trust on your government, but if you're an underdeveloped country, such trust won't be of use. Hence, the cry for support from the international community.

This thread is obviously directed towards the United States' defense towards foreign invasions, so bringing up the idea of millions of innocent people is unnecessary. You're underestimating how powerful the US military is and our technology that could repel most types of invasions, air or not.

1: State of emergency will be declared.
2: The national guard will be activated ASAP.
3: Gas masks will be distributed at an alarming rate.
4: I expect a few states to be hit by nuclear bombs resulting in unimaginable number of deaths.
5: US will hit back hard and probably succeed in driving away the invading army.

Wouldn't you think we would be able to stop these nuclear bombs a long distance before they reach the continent? Not saying it's impossible, of course, every nation has their own secret.