What would you think would happen if a superpower such as Russia suddenly invades us? | Page 2 | World Defense

What would you think would happen if a superpower such as Russia suddenly invades us?

User911

BANNED
Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
1: State of emergency will be declared.
2: The national guard will be activated ASAP.
3: Gas masks will be distributed at an alarming rate.
4: I expect a few states to be hit by nuclear bombs resulting in unimaginable number of deaths.
5: US will hit back hard and probably succeed in driving away the invading army.
Well, under our current administration I would not agree with your 5. at all. BO doesn't care whether America falls or not. We now have less nuclear capability less than Russia. BO has been steadily dismantling the U.S. He thinks America is what's wrong with the world and if we could just get rid of America, the world would be a better, more peaceful place. If we get attacked, BO would wave the white flag of surrender. Look at what he is doing with the Iran "deal". He's giving them everything they want just so he can have a piece of paper with signatures on it. The paper is worth more than those signatures. He is already surrendering.

Now if he was one that was killed by an invasion, then yes, we would fight back with everything we had and we would definitely win.

JPB_003

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
I am going to need a source that Russia has more nuclear capability than the U.S.

I agree with a few things that you said, but if BO really did nothing, he wouldn't last a full day after an invasion. I am not a fan of his, but that is paranoid thinking.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
If anyone tried to invade us it would be a huge mistake. Simply put, if you were to take all the non-military guns and non military violence and focused them all on the same enemy, even without the military's intervention, we stand a good chance of fighting them off

Nate

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
With our president, I wouldn't be so optimistic. I could picture him just standing down and doing whatever he can to NOT do much. I'm sure people will say I don't know what I'm talking about, but I personally have lost faith in BO.

Nate

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
If anyone tried to invade us it would be a huge mistake. Simply put, if you were to take all the non-military guns and non military violence and focused them all on the same enemy, even without the military's intervention, we stand a good chance of fighting them off
First, you would need a leader who is capable of making such decisions. Do you think Obama could do that? I agree that the US has a very strong military, but I am not so sure Obama would be the right man for the job if it came down to it.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
First, you would need a leader who is capable of making such decisions. Do you think Obama could do that? I agree that the US has a very strong military, but I am not so sure Obama would be the right man for the job if it came down to it.
I am a huge Obama supporter. That being said, it would definitely be better if either he or congress were replaced by someone else to make the decisions. The anemosity between Obama and congress would cripple the entire country.

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Sweden
Russia would get obliterated. Firstly, how would they invade. Would they fly all the way from Russia? That's impossible.
Would they infiltrate by sea? Russia wouldn't even get halfways. USA is an extremely hard country to invade because of it's geographical position. The entire continent is very surrounded from the rest of the world. Any country would have to cross half the globe.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think its a question that I wouldn't worry to much about just yet.

For one, I don't believe, for all their talk and show, that Russia has the capabilities to go to war with any major country. Its one thing bombing the Ukraine, going to war with the US or another European country is a totally different matter.

And when it comes to the US being invaded, like a previous post as said, Russia would have to take on most of the western world before it even got to the US so I doubt an invasion is ever going to be likely.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Be specific with your answers. Step by step, what do you think will happen if a superpower invades us out of the blue, whether is it by air, naval, etc.
Unless it's a preemptive nuclear strike I don't think Russia could attack the U.S "out of the blue." There are spies in the Russian military who'll send the warning. And the mobilization of troops for the attack [of that magnitude] would be no secret so a "surprise" attack . . . it's never going to catch the U.S off-guard.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
Not just spies from the US. Intelligence and counter intelligence probably make up most of a countries war chest, for doing exactly that, stopping invasions or signs of aggression and acts of war before they get out of hand.

I wouldn't have thought these days that any country could do anything without somebody knowing and informing on what situation is happening at a specific time and date etc...