What's the most futuristic weapon there is? | World Defense

What's the most futuristic weapon there is?

drc65

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I remember seeing a documentary on a weapon with sound technology that could incapacitate enemy combatants without lethal force. Does anyone know what I'm referring to? I don't recall the name of this device unfortunately. Do you think this is the future of warfare and weaponry?

westmixxin

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
I feel we have something that fires some sort of laser defense. I like the idea of ah laser because it has limitless power potential.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
I remember seeing a documentary on a weapon with sound technology that could incapacitate enemy combatants without lethal force. Does anyone know what I'm referring to? I don't recall the name of this device unfortunately. Do you think this is the future of warfare and weaponry?
Are you referring to sonar weapons that disrupt soldiers' mental faculties? Or are you talking about "blinding light" technology that disables the enemy's visual acuity? Those future devices are yet to be named (officially) and I only saw them from works of fiction. I don't doubt that sooner or later, experts will develop weapons not just for lethal effect but to actually fool or weaken opponents.

Kjordo711

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
I am a big fan of the relatively new weapon designed by the United States Military. It is a grenade launcher and the grenade launcher while requires no special training before use. All the soldier has to do is pull a trigger. The special part is that the grenade is then launched out and seeks enemies who are behind cover, and will go to them, then explode behind them.

drc65

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Are you referring to sonar weapons that disrupt soldiers' mental faculties? Or are you talking about "blinding light" technology that disables the enemy's visual acuity? Those future devices are yet to be named (officially) and I only saw them from works of fiction. I don't doubt that sooner or later, experts will develop weapons not just for lethal effect but to actually fool or weaken opponents.
I think I saw a documentary about both of these devices and assumed they were one. Thanks for the information! Don't you think that these futuristic devices have already been developed but are being tested at the moment?

stevesxs9

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
I was reading about a futuristic device that is said to be capable of electrocuting dozens of people at one time when deployed correctly. The device is designed to disperse mobs. This seems like a controversial weapon.

Rainshield7

Reactions
3 1 0
Country
USA
It is something that I know for sure the military probably has in their arsenal and do not want the world to know. I cannot think of the name either. I know the military was supposed to be working on some sort of invisibility type of work. I cannot recall if this is true or not.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
I think Russia has already one-up the rest of the world with their new breed of military weapons. I was searching the Internet for possible sonar weapons in the future and look what I found: Has Russia Just Changed The Future Of Warfare Completely, And Rendered US High-Tech Weapons Systems Inoperable?. They allegedly invented this radar and sonar jamming device that jams their opponent's weapons systems. If proven true, then the NATO and other military strongholds across the world are doomed. They had better counter this device before Russia gets the chance to test it on them.

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
I think Russia has already one-up the rest of the world with their new breed of military weapons. I was searching the Internet for possible sonar weapons in the future and look what I found: Has Russia Just Changed The Future Of Warfare Completely, And Rendered US High-Tech Weapons Systems Inoperable?. They allegedly invented this radar and sonar jamming device that jams their opponent's weapons systems. If proven true, then the NATO and other military strongholds across the world are doomed. They had better counter this device before Russia gets the chance to test it on them.

Care to share with us some information about these systems and their specifications.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
I have no thorough information about the specs since I am but an ordinary reader and not directly involved in the creation of this rumoured technology. This text is taken from the article itself, so perhaps this will shed some light:

As the Russian jet approached the US vessel, the electronic device disabled all radars, control circuits, systems, information transmission, etc. on board the US destroyer. In other words, the all-powerful Aegis system, now hooked up - or about to be - with the defense systems installed on NATO’s most modern ships was shut down, as turning off the TV set with the remote control.

The Russian Su-24 then simulated a missile attack against the USS Donald Cook, which was left literally deaf and blind. As if carrying out a training exercise, the Russian aircraft - unarmed - repeated the same maneuver 12 times before flying away.

Without any reports at all from any MSM source or confirmation from Russia, people waved this away as rumor, speculation or an outright hoax, but in March 2015, Russian News agency Sputnik, which is owned an operated by the Russian government, announced that Russia had unveiled a new "revolutionary electronic warfare system."

Russia's new Richag-AV radar and sonar jamming system can be mounted on helicopters, ships and other military equipment to jam potential adversaries' weapons systems from distances of several hundred kilometers away; it has been hailed by developers as having no analogue anywhere in the world.

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
I have no thorough information about the specs since I am but an ordinary reader and not directly involved in the creation of this rumoured technology. This text is taken from the article itself, so perhaps this will shed some light:

As the Russian jet approached the US vessel, the electronic device disabled all radars, control circuits, systems, information transmission, etc. on board the US destroyer. In other words, the all-powerful Aegis system, now hooked up - or about to be - with the defense systems installed on NATO’s most modern ships was shut down, as turning off the TV set with the remote control.

The Russian Su-24 then simulated a missile attack against the USS Donald Cook, which was left literally deaf and blind. As if carrying out a training exercise, the Russian aircraft - unarmed - repeated the same maneuver 12 times before flying away.

Without any reports at all from any MSM source or confirmation from Russia, people waved this away as rumor, speculation or an outright hoax, but in March 2015, Russian News agency Sputnik, which is owned an operated by the Russian government, announced that Russia had unveiled a new "revolutionary electronic warfare system."

Russia's new Richag-AV radar and sonar jamming system can be mounted on helicopters, ships and other military equipment to jam potential adversaries' weapons systems from distances of several hundred kilometers away; it has been hailed by developers as having no analogue anywhere in the world.

A little of uncle Google might help.

Description: The Russian Richag-AV is a groundbreaking radar and sonar jamming system developed by KRET and designed for integration on rotary-wing aircraft, ships and other military platforms such as airplanes and ground vehicles. This new system is the successor of the Smalta jamming system developed in the 1970s with an effective range of 100 kilometers. The Richag-AV is able to jam advanced sensor systems from distances of several hundred kilometers away. The jamming capabilities also may include other detection systems with the aim of defending aircraft, helicopter, drones, ground and naval forces. The system utilizes multi-beam antenna arrays with�DRFM (Digital Radio Frequency Memory) technology jamming any radiofrequency based weapon system. Richag-AV can be employed to carry out radar-based intelligence gathering finding foreign sources of electromagnetic radiation. An onboard database allows to quickly determine the type of targeted radar finding the most effective way of jamming. According to KRET the Richag-AV has no equivalent in the world. KRET delivered the first batch of three Mi-8MTPR1 helicopter-mounted Richag-AV to the Russian Armed Forces on March 4, 2015. The Russian Armed Forces will take delivery of 18 Mi-8MTPR1 systems by October 2016.

Richag-AV

Dez97

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
USA
I think I do actually have an idea of what you are referring to, I believe it was also a thread on here as well. It could possibly be the future if everyone country decides that due to ISIS they may really need to start changing their military in many more ways than just the people, and the amount of people in the military.

Rainshield7

Reactions
3 1 0
Country
USA
Oh snap! That is a major shift in the world of modern warfare. A device that can be mounted on a helicopter and disable any vehicle sounds like a nightmare for the US if World War 3 were to happen.

Pinoy Jade

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Philippines
I guess its more on laser things, or lets say a new biological weapon. Someday somehow, a biological weapon would be made by means of spreading a disease - what if they would adapt ebola on it? it would be the end of human race

wahmed

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I was reading about a futuristic device that is said to be capable of electrocuting dozens of people at one time when deployed correctly. The device is designed to disperse mobs. This seems like a controversial weapon.

This would be really good to have in use but should only be allowed for use with government authority. It is the only way to ensure safe use