Status
Not open for further replies.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
[/QUOTE]

One of the arguments against gun-law like that is "If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns." I don't have a gun, and--if I were given one--the person in most danger would be me (no suicide-risk, but more just my clutziness). But I do think that guns should come with manditory training.[/QUOTE]

I felt the exact same way until I started shooting them. Of course, in my family your arm gun safety before you learn to shoot. Now, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

Currently, to get a CCW you have to pass some tests to prove you know how to handle it safely. I think that is a great idea. But just to own a gun, mandatory training is a bit much. The fact is, if someone buys a gun for self defense, and they don't know how to use it, they'll find a way to get training. The rest of us shouldn't have to.

STM

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
Romania
I live in Eastern Europe, and I must say that, in spite of everything that's being told about our life conditions, I actually feel quite safe in what concerns any threats going toward our region. I live about 300 kilometers away from Ukraine though, and there's a lot of war going on there, as we already know, but I consider it the least of our internal issues we must deal with, seeing how many alliances we're involved in until now; I am aware that the majority of these agreements might be essentially an attempt to throw dust in our eyes, but I can still hope for the best until proven the contrary.

Uncle Doc J

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
USA
The fact is, if someone buys a gun for self defense, and they don't know how to use it, they'll find a way to get training. The rest of us shouldn't have to.
I blame the media; they don't seem to communicate the fact that 'opporating a firearm' is A LOT MORE-DIFFICULT than 'pulling the trigger on your water-gun or toy lazer-gun' (even though they DO usually show people getting into full-gear (vest, protective eyewear, earmuffs) when they 'hit the shooting-range')

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I blame the media; they don't seem to communicate the fact that 'opporating a firearm' is A LOT MORE-DIFFICULT than 'pulling the trigger on your water-gun or toy lazer-gun' (even though they DO usually show people getting into full-gear (vest, protective eyewear, earmuffs) when they 'hit the shooting-range')
Lol i have worn earmuffs while shooting certain guns, and that is the limit of my "full gear". Then again I go shooting in my dad's backyard so I don't have to worry about untrained shooters accidentally being off by a full 90 degrees and shooting me.
P

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I am here in Metro Manila, Philippines, traditionally an ally of the US. When it comes to threats of war, we are not that scared since it is embedded in our mentality that the US will not neglect us. Just recently, our country is having a row with China on the Spratlys where several countries, including Philippines and China, are laying claim to several islands and reefs. The US sent some spy aircraft in the area but the Chinese navy sent a warning. Despite that issue, we still feel safe here.

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
I feel fairly safe where I am. There are multiple terrorist targets nearby, so there's always a chance that something could happen, but it is often difficult to predict where attacks will occur. Just because something has been listed as a potential target doesn't mean it will be happen. As far as police, if a major incident were to occur here, all of the local police departments would respond, and the city has a SWAT team, as well. In addition, just about every house in my neighborhood has multiple firearms and other weapons and people willing to use them, so I don't worry too much about civil unrest.

darkrebelchild

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Nigeria
The world is becoming unsafe by the day; each country faces one form of natural disaster or deadly virus. Where is the safest place in the world to run to since not every country suffers from these?

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
The world is becoming unsafe by the day; each country faces one form of natural disaster or deadly virus. Where is the safest place in the world to run to since not every country suffers from these?

I think geo political issues are more dangerous to human safety, Syria, Iraq, Palestine...etc.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Safety, IMHO, is relative because though a place might be spared the ravages of war or outbreaks of epidemics some of which have no cure, they may be battling other issues which make those place unsafe: violent crimes, gun violence, etc. Nonetheless I think Greenland just might be the safest place one earth right now.

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
Greenland should be safe,dont know if i would want to live there but its safe.

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
You need to go to some smaller town in any country at all. Some village or some small place in the hills. I feel quite safe with my love but that is not a real safety we are talking about here although it is a place of inner peace and safety. Less people in one town, village or any place on this world means less problems. I am being realistic with this. I know it is a bit misanthropic but it is true.

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I live in Serbia, Niš. Niš is a second biggest city in Serbia which means that it has around 400 thousand people maybe more maybe less I don't know. What I do know that people, and mostly young people have become angry and violent and they do a lot of stupid stuff. I really do not feel safe knowing that some 18-year-old is carrying a gun when I walk the city with my girl for example .I had some bad experience and I am a bit of a rascal, a raff if you want so I managed the issue well. I was never a problem maker but a lot guys are and under the influence they really behave badly.

Zepplin

Reactions
24 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
My country (UK) takes terrorism seriously and everything feels like it has been stepped up in the bigger populated areas.
My local locaion is very safe: gun crime is unheard of, odd drunk violent issues in towns, no big drug issues. I do live in a place that has a big farming and fishing presence, low population and mainly retired people so everything is just a bit slow and dull :p

explorerx7

Reactions
37 1 0
Country
Jamaica
I live in Jamaica where there has never been any previous threat of that type. We have our share of gang violence here but that's that's most the most drastic type of activity we have had to face. Recently we there have been cyber attacks on government systems here which have mostly culminated from forces in the Middle East. I believe this has enlightened the authorities of the possibilities of other types of attacks. However, I don't know how prepared this country may be in the event of a terror attack.

Zepplin

Reactions
24 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
@explorerx7 in Britain (mainly London) there have been issues with gangs of Jamaican 'Yardies'.
Are these the kind of gangs that are common in your homeland or do they sort of come together on foreign soil?
They do have a scary and fierce reputation!

Status
Not open for further replies.