Where Is the Line between "Unanimous Support for America's Troops" & "Democratic Disagreement"? | World Defense

Where Is the Line between "Unanimous Support for America's Troops" & "Democratic Disagreement"?

Uncle Doc J

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
USA
(This is partly inspired-by that episode of SOUTH PARK where Cartman finds out that the Founding Fathers 'designed' America to work so that our military had our full support even though most Americans don't agree with it.)

I think I just 'answered my own question' there; as I see our representative democracy works, we vote for our reps & then give up all our decision-making power (regarding the military). Oh, we're free to SAY that we do or don't support military-actions; but our words mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING regarding 'our support of the military.'

I guess it's like 'rival high-schools': you may think the rival's students are 'less-studious' than your own, but you fully-support their education.

Still ... should we Americans 'watch our mouths' when we wish to express disagreement with our leaders' military-decisions?