Which Arab nation has best/most experienced ground forces? | World Defense

Which Arab nation has best/most experienced ground forces?

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
I want to hear your thoughts on this. I know Egypt is considered by most Arabs the most powerful Arab army. Because their large number of ground forces. I've heard that Jordan has small number but best trained. Lebanese army has some experience but is used mostly for maintaining stability. I am not knowledgeable on Gulf nations. Not sure if they have much experience either. Syrian army gained experience in recent conflict and it could be said Syrian rebels as well.

Although I feel all across we lack. What do we need to improve? We know that guerilla tactics are only used by people with limited resources like Hamas and it is effective in what its intended for. For our states war requires different approach. We have great intelligence/internal security performance. But do we have what it takes to fight a modern war?

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hi @Falcon29

You got that right.

1- Egypt has the most powerful land forces due to their large number and the weapons they possess.
2- Jordan has a very professional ground forces well trained and equipped.
3-Saudi Arabia ground forces is very skilled and equipped with the state of the art weapons.
4-UAE
4- Morocco
5-Algeria
6-Oman
7-Kwuait
8- Syria and Iraq used to have a good ground forces sadly not anymore.

The GCC peninsula forces is large in number with high quality of weaponry.

What we need to do to fight a modern war is an united Arab Army under one command where joint drills and exercises stimulating war scenarios on different climates and geographical locations take place in a constant manner. Image if that happens, what a huge army and load of weapons will be having. That strike fear into the hearts of our enemies. It will be good also to maintain internal stability in all Arab countries. That will also force Israel to back off and accept the two states solution and learn how to live peacefully otherwise it will be their end.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Hi @Falcon29

You got that right.

1- Egypt has the most powerful land forces due to their large number and the weapons they possess.
2- Jordan has a very professional ground forces well trained and equipped.
3-Saudi Arabia ground forces is very skilled and equipped with the state of the art weapons.
4-UAE
4- Morocco
5-Algeria
6-Oman
7-Kwuait
8- Syria and Iraq used to have a good ground forces sadly not anymore.

The GCC peninsula forces is large in number with high quality of weaponry.

What we need to do to fight a modern war is an united Arab Army under one command where joint drills and exercises stimulating war scenarios on different climates and geographical locations take place in a constant manner. Image if that happens, what a huge army and load of weapons will be having. That strike fear into the hearts of our enemies. It will be good also to maintain internal stability in all Arab countries. That will also force Israel to back off and accept the two states solution and learn how to live peacefully otherwise it will be their end.

I agree with you, we definitely need one command and much more joint exercises/drills. Politics should not interfere in that. Sadly though it does.

I believe we should have joint military industry as well. We did in the past but it was cancelled project pretty quickly.We need to fund research programs. It will create jobs and help us innovate. We have many engineers willing to do this work.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I agree with you, we definitely need one command and much more joint exercises/drills. Politics should not interfere in that. Sadly though it does.

I believe we should have joint military industry as well. We did in the past but it was cancelled project pretty quickly.We need to fund research programs. It will create jobs and help us innovate. We have many engineers willing to do this work.

You are absolutely right and that what boils my blood.

Saudi Arabia, UAE, Jordan and Egypt have got a lot of ToT as part of arms deals they bought from different countries but yet to be implemented in the real life do to lack of facilities not brains. We don't need to reinvent the wheel instead take what we have right now and develop them. I think we should adopt the same idea that the US has during Hitler time. The US brought all the european scientist and offered them R&D centers and provide them with funds and all the needs. That is why the US is now leading the technological advancement in the world. Therefore, a rich country like Saudi Arabia should take the lead in cooperating with the rest of the Arab and Islamic countries like Indonesia and Pakistan.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
@Scorpion

You see what I mean ...These people are not elected and nobody wants them to take full control of Gaza. This is how sick the PA is. They want to take our arms away and do Israel a favor. Everyone in Gaza despises them. Because it's such a corrupt party we don't want them to reprsent us.

PA: No reconstruction until we get control of Gaza | The Times of Israel

No one should demand power over anyone. Only the people of Palestine can decide who represent them. Such notion from the PA is not welcomed at all. All political parties in Palestine are legitimate to be part of government with no exclude to anyone. The PA has no authority to decide as I said.

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
So it makes me question how are those terrorists from other countries take so much effort and take so much for them to get defeated if none of them, their countries, really have the ground forces as strong as those in their neighbouring Arab countries? Why is that the America has to interfere? Do other Arab countries opt to not involve themselves?