Which Army do you think is the most skilled? | World Defense

Which Army do you think is the most skilled?

sazzydan

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Although there are many many Armies in the world, some considerably bigger than others, I am very interested to find what you think about which is the most skilled.

My thoughts are, that the bigger countries such as China and Russia, they must have some very skilled soldiers, not to mention the strength in numbers been in their favor, but the UK army is highly skilled too although the numbers are not so great.

So, In your opinion, which do you think has the most skilled army?

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
I will set my list in order:

Germany, Japan, France, UK, Russia, China and finally the US.

1-Special Ops execution
2-Land warfare tactics, troop deployment and formation
3-Mountain Warfare
4-Frogmen ''Navy Seal'' intense training.

I think we have discussed similar thread before. You might wanna ask the moderators to merge this into it.

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Euro
It's really impossible to compare the skill levels as these are big armies made out of different units, doing all sorts of different things in different ways. But I'd say that pretty much any western army could be close to the top of the list. Some of the Asian ones like China and South Korea should be pretty high up there too.

Laplace

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Philippines
I'll go pitch in my thoughts.

First, what are the definitions of 'skilled'. I'll define it by intelligence, training and physical power.

Physical power, if we're going to say that of a strong body, then American Armies win hands down. Asian men have smaller bodies compared to them and so they are better at fights in the forest. If we're talking all out urban fighting, then they could probably only contribute with their smaller bodies as faster legs. In the end, they will have to resolve to techniques but if you incorporate the same idea to US army, then it sums out that they are a bit disadvantaged. So I am taking Asian countries off the table.

Training will be up to the country. Since US, Russia and some European Countries has a lot of experience participating in war, they take the first place of training best soldiers.

Intelligence, now this is very different. The very Famous SEAL Team 6 are said to be composed of high IQ College level smart people recruited into the army. This is the reason why their decision making at real time problems has led their missions into success. But of course, if we're talking about intelligent people, we need a larger population so we can narrow the IQ rate higher.

So in the end, I think US army still is one of the best.

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
Israel actually was the first to come to my mind. The reason being that they face constant threats on varying degrees and have a lot of practice. I don't know that they have all the latest and greatest of everything, but they definitely have a very strong military for their size and they do very well defending their land.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I immediately considered this question form an historical point of view. Historically, the US gets my vote. I think we have proven once and for all that size DOESN'T matter. Our soldiers have always had more drive. This gives us a huge advantage on the battle field.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
US, Russia have most experience in MAJOR wars. They have best training as well. I'd put Russian soldiers higher than average US soldier. But US has more equipment, air power , intelligence. Turkey also comes to mind as nation with armed forces that can handle a war. Chinese don't have great training for ground forces but overall military is strong. UK has past experience, strong air force. Can they fight a war today? Probably. Pakistan also has fought many recent wars and trains several Arab armies. Other than that, nobody else will be influential in war.

Israel actually was the first to come to my mind. The reason being that they face constant threats on varying degrees and have a lot of practice. I don't know that they have all the latest and greatest of everything, but they definitely have a very strong military for their size and they do very well defending their land.

They have practice against defenseless people. And that practice is done via Air force. Past wars fought against Arab nations are irrelavant. Arabs were corrupt and didn't want to take it over. They forced their military commanders to abort operations. There was no serious effort to dismantle Israel. Other than that, Israel never fought a real modern war. In a modern war with Turkey lets say, Turkey will wipe the floor with Israel and Israel will threaten to use nuclear weapons. Dont take that evangelical rhetoric with any seriousness where they claim God supports the IDF. That's not true. Israel has great intelligence, drones and air force plus armor/missile defense because US has done so much tech transfer with it. If it wasn't for US their military would be a joke.

Ground forces wise, they aren't the best. Actually they won't come close to those armies I mentioned above. Even a small militia(Hamas) from my hometown(Gaza) was able to walk right through their ground forces in open light/day:

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
See, when it comes to skilled I'd have gone the opposite and said the smaller the army, the better training or more skilled they would be in battle. Its true that sheer numbers might be more effective so the likes of the US will have an advantage over most, I don't think that automatically makes them more skilled.

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
We much commonly hear about the strength of the western rich and powerful countries, and we often overlook some other ones in the middle east. Just imagine, if the armies of the some other countries in the middle east aren't skilled enough, how would they be able to produce hard-to-defeat rebels, given the fact that most of them came from their national armies. But if I were to be asked which, I think it's UK and America, China and Russia, just as mentioned in the first post. Despite that America spends the greatest billions, more than the sum of the rest of the other top countries in spending for their military, its military is skilled just as its rivals like Russia and China, in my opinion.