Which country do you wish to visit first? | World Defense

Which country do you wish to visit first?

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
I don't really like travelling and explore historical annals of the world. But I want to visit some countries in Europe where my idols have lived and died. By doing so, I feel like I would be closer to them, and even get to know which inspired them to create such masterpieces that not only shocked our generation, but more than that help us to realise human's potential for greatness. The countries are Poland, France, Germany and Russia. The countries of Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, Rachmaninoff and a lot else of really great musicians. Other than them, I wish no other country to visit.

Onionman

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
I've done a fair bit of travelling over the years and have been to a lot of areas of interest. I still want to visit Canada, New Zealand and go on safari in Africa. I've pretty much done most of the places I've wanted to go in Europe, though I'd like to see more of Spain, and I really need to see South America in some capacity. Time and money will dictate that.

weepforsweep

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
I would love to visit New Zealand. Every picture I've seen of the country is beautiful.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Well I'm a huge fan of both ancient and modern Japanese culture. It would be great to fly to Japan, immerse in their way of life and explore temples full of toriis and castles used by shoguns and their vassals during the Bakufu empire. I also want to sit under a field of sakura trees and witness maikos train to become full-fledged geishas. There's so much about Japan I want to know.

globulon

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Canada
Anywhere in the Asian region would be on the top of my list, including China, Korea, and Japan among many others. I'm more motivated by the delicious cuisine on the other side of the Pacific. Not to mention that food there is often a lot cheaper when converting from Canadian currency. :)

zenfive

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Switzerland
I would love to visit South America sometime, I've heard so much about the scenery, the beaches, the culture and all that, so that would be really cool. Also haven't been to too many South East Asian countries so would love to visit Indonesia and the like.

Gabriel

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to visit Antarctica and Alaska, followed by the islands in the Caribbean. These are places that would take time to get to and you couldn't really rush things and is dependent on the weather conditions. I'm more of an explorer, though I enjoy traveling to cities, these are places I really would like to spend time in.

whitelae

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
For me it's Czech Republic or Croatia. They both have so much culture and character, and you can still see signs of the hard times they've fought through. The scenery is gorgeous, and they're both still slightly more affordable than the more traveled places like France and Italy. My other top choice is Chile/Argentina. I love coastal archaeology and really want to see Tierra del Fuego.

CpXi7z1

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
Where wouldn't it be cool to visit? Spain, Italy, France, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, England--the list goes on. I would love to travel. My first two visits would probably be to Mexico (again) and Italy. Israel would be awesome. There are just so many wonderful, beautiful places to visit, and they all have a history.

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
I'm not really sure. I mean usually I would saw Greece because I'm in love with the beautiful islands and the history of the country as a whole, but lately I've really been wanting to visit Australia! I've been seeing a lot of famous people visiting there and I've been really interested in the culture and stuff of that country/continent.

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
I've seen America, I've seen New Zealand, and the next place I want to go is Australia. There are two reasons I want to go to Aussie next. The first being I'm still getting over the 24 hour plane trip from getting to New Zealand and I'm not in a rush to repeat it. The second being its quite cheap to fly between New Zealand and Australia.

hijin

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
Philippines
I had already visited Singapore, which is my first out-of-country travel, so I no longer have a "first country to visit." Or, if I have a first, I might have Italy, which is what I want to visit first in Europe. I know most of us only know of Italy as the land of spaghetti and pizza, but I want to learn more about Italy. I want to visit the very setting that was in John Grisham's "The Broker." That book was very captivating, and it was as if Mr. Grisham toured me Bologna. I want to experience Italy's culture to broaden my perspective of the world.

Sklauda1

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
Oooohhh... I don't know! Either the UK or Japan.

I am a history geek and I know more about UK history than American history. I would love to meet Tony Robinson if I could and just take in all the historical sites. Though it might take me several weeks. I'm not too interested in Buckingham Palace but Westminster and the Tower would definitely be stops. Taste real fish and chips and see if European beer is better than the swill we have here.

Japan has a post WWII history that fascinates me which is something no other country has. I love the culture and mediums because it is like nothing we have here. I do not know if LIFE is taped in front of an open audience, but I could not miss the opportunity to see Tsuyoshi Muro. He's my inspiration. Seeing Asian history up close would probably be astounding. All the little cities and towns with their own culture and way of life, just wow. The problem is my Japanese is not good enough to be conversational.

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
Would go to New zealand in a heartbeat. If only the plane ticket wasn't 2000$. Oh well, guess we won't be visiting that part of the world anytime soon.

ProShell

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
I want to take a trip to Asia and travel through China for my next adventure. While I'm there I'm hoping to meet and greet with the local people and potentially pick up some linguistic skills.