Which military in the world is the strongest? | World Defense

Which military in the world is the strongest?

PoRiRam

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
Try not to just say your own country's military without a good explanation. I'm honestly not sure myself and would like a little bit of a description on a couple countries if anybody wants to share.
And if it's separated in between branches (IE: Country A has a better navy and Country B has a better flight force.)

zenfive

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Switzerland
It really depends by what you mean as being the "strongest", if you mean in terms of having the best technology and the most advanced capabilities, then it would probably be the USA, considering their massive spending for military purposes.

If you are talking about who has the most amount of military personnel, then probably India or China. I'm not sure who would be considered to have the strongest navy, probably again between USA, China, Russia.

So I guess it depends in which context you are speaking, but overall I'd probably go with the USA, simply because of their advanced equipment and capabilities, but also because of how spread out they are across the world.

kestas57

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
North Korea has the largest army in the world in that most of their population is an army. They are, however, armed with mostly WW2 and early cold war technology. The title would have to go the USA purely because of their numbers and technology.

rares209

Reactions
6 0 0
Country
Romania
I think no one can say whic army is the best, because a lot of countries keep their military forces secret. USA on the other hand likes to show the worlfd how stong their army is an I think this might be a good strategy. If I have to name one I would say that the US Army is the most prepared military in the whole world.

Shimus

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
USA
Strongest? One that believes whole-hearted-ly in their purpose for going to war, and doesn't question commanders and the orders they receive. By being blinded by following orders and believing in their purpose, a man is very strong. Group up thousands of these type of men and send them off to battle, and even with superior arms against them they probably will win because they're trying everything they can.

Now, for CURRENT strongest, I'd say the US military. Barring that, CHINA. Russia is now third, imo. China has the personnel, and lately the money (because their economy is BOOMING) and they might surpass the US in time.

And what else? They're (the Chinese) are conditioned to believe that their purpose is right, like I mentioned. Scary thought.

kjonesm1

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
According to globalfirepower.com and their nations Power Index the United States is the worlds strongest military. Not including nuclear weapon the Index factors include geographical factors, naval capabilities and natural resource reliance.

Shimus

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
USA
I know we (the US) have an actively huge military with expansive research bases even WE (the citizens) do not know about. But barring our military power, I do believe given the next two decades or so China can/will surpass us. They have not only the manpower, but the money to do so.

pcgamer

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
India
US is a military and economy superpower right now and will remain so for the next couple of years until China takes them over. Even though China is trying so hard to lessen the gap, this military budget is still less than half of US. So there is a lot of work to be done in this area.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
Well there have been rumors and talk about who is strongest but I guess we will never know unless the world goes to war again. America, Russia and China are the top candidates but the strongest will have to be proven in battle. China has numbers and America has the technology so I don't know at this point.

Shimus

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
USA
It wouldn't be far fetched to say China is an easy #2, though. Even if they don't have the technology quite yet... they have all the money in the world and will only get more (even the US is indebted to them so far now) they can get to be pretty scary if they wanted too and realized it. I've been working some self-studies where I've been compiling numbers and it's shocking how much they're doing that's under the radar on most other countries.

Not to say everyone else in the world doesn't do the exact same thing or in the same amount as them - I'm not pointing any fingers or anything of the sort. It's just a real possibility this means a change in how their structure is. And that generally means a re-ranking of power. I guess until a show of war or hostility, we can't know.

Urhin

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
8 0 0
Country
Australia
It wouldn't be far fetched to say China is an easy #2, though. Even if they don't have the technology quite yet... they have all the money in the world and will only get more (even the US is indebted to them so far now) they can get to be pretty scary if they wanted too and realized it. I've been working some self-studies where I've been compiling numbers and it's shocking how much they're doing that's under the radar on most other countries.

Not to say everyone else in the world doesn't do the exact same thing or in the same amount as them - I'm not pointing any fingers or anything of the sort. It's just a real possibility this means a change in how their structure is. And that generally means a re-ranking of power. I guess until a show of war or hostility, we can't know.

It's true that China has a very high military expenditure. But you also have to look at what kind of technology they have acquired and how their military is organized. So far, most of the technology that they have acquired seems to be of a second-rate kind--hardly reliable for use in war. I'll grant that China's resources vastly outmatch any other nation save America, but they still have a long way to go to catch up. America has built up an effective organizational capability over the years, having fought countless wars over different continents. It knows how to fight wars, and it already has a standing army that can do so. The same can be said of many of America's allies. China in comparison has a military structure that is subservient to the Chinese Communist Party. Corruption is extremely rampant and it's a structure that seems to be designed more towards quelling discontent amongst the civilian population whilst enriching those loyal to it. I'm not sure China will have the tactical capability to fully utilize its resources if and when it manages to develop a comparably strong standing army.

elmarianexx

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Netherlands Antilles
USA is the first place
then long no country, but 2nd place goes to Russia, and then China.

Rainshield7

Reactions
3 1 0
Country
USA
US and Russian military are the strongest.
The US military has the most experience, the best technology and the soldiers are highly trained. Same with the Russian military.
Defense chief says Russia to maintain military superiority
I would have to say that too since the tech in the US develops every year with some newer tech. It is hard to lose focus with all the new weapons that are being made in the US. Russia has some strong weapons too even their troops have some great weapons. One of those guns being the AK 2014.