Whistle Blower Jeffrey Sterling Found Guilty | World Defense

Whistle Blower Jeffrey Sterling Found Guilty

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Judgement has been brought forward for Officer Jeffrey Sterling of the CIA as the court declared him guilty of 9 counts of violating the Espionage Act. Sterling, who is accused of leaking information about Operation Merlin to New York Times journalist James Risen, claims he is not guilty. He is to serve a 100 year sentence.

CIA Whistleblower Sterling Found Guilty

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
100 years is mind-blowing. It's a life sentence! Well, if he really deserves it, then be it. After all, he committed a crime that's really grave and beyond immediate forgiveness.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
My thing is, he insist that he did not do it. I have not seen the full report as of yet, but our justice system has been known to wrongfully convict people for crimes. That is why they are slowly eliminating the death penalty. There were several people that were wrongfully executed only to discover years later they were innocent.

If we is really guilty, then 100 years is not a long enough sentence. Trading or revealing military operations secrets was a death penalty in the past for a reason. Millions could die from one slip of information. Guess there is no trusting anyone even those sworn to protect and serve.

gmckee1985

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
Hes certainly deserving of the punishment. Espionage is treason as far as I'm concerned. It may seem harsh but endagering the lives of others is serious especially when you are a high ranking official who has access to a ton of classified information.