White House Meetings on Communities Against Home-Grown Terrorist | World Defense

White House Meetings on Communities Against Home-Grown Terrorist

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Looks like the White House is no longer just focusing on trying to destroy ISIS from afar and beginning to focus on our own yard now. An NPR broadcast says that the focus at the meetings of late have been on methods for the communities to get involved by helping to identify and prevent home grown terrorist groups from evolving. Here is a link to the article and news cast on this.

U.S. Communities Called On To Prevent Home-Grown Terrorism

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I think it is a good plan to see if any in the country and try to get rid of them and than they will lose a major network and may break the idol ism many have for them and stop joining the group. This will take time to see who is a part of the group and who is not and, which ones are thinking of joining the group at the moment. Destroying the ones in the country is important so we don't Terrorism happening in the country while fighting outside invaders and being stressed from fighting the inland ones.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully this will have an impact on recruitment and group evolution. My only worry is that mosques themselves may feel as though they are being "watched", but it is all for a greater good.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
We will see where this one goes and how well it works. With tensions high on the ISIS issue, I think this could escalate out of hand if allowed. People get stupid sometimes when afraid.

What methods are your countries doing to tackle the ISIS issue and weed terrorist cells out?