Why Russia is the real threat to US? | Page 2 | World Defense

Why Russia is the real threat to US?

explorerx7

Reactions
37 1 0
Country
Jamaica
That an interesting statement. However, it would be safe to say that the US would also be a threat to Russia. It's hardly likely that any of the two countries would hastily make a nuclear strike at each other because they both have potent nuclear capabilities. Therefore, consider that their capabilities are striking a balance between the two superpowers.

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I think that you are missing the point here entirely. If all this nuclear shoot out ever happens there will be no more Military forums or any forums at all. The amount of possible damage this potential feud could cause is devastatingly big. If one of these big powers fire first, does it really matter if the other is going to fire back or not. We have evolved zero percentage and we haven't learn a thing from our past errors and I always quote T.S. Elliot here...Not with a bag but a whimper...

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
Having the capabilities and using them are two entirely different things though, let's not forget. Any country in the world could say they have the ability to fire nuclear missiles, but I wouldn't have thought that even North Korea would be stupid enough to aim them at another country.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Since the cold ware of the 1960s when USSR seemed poised against US all the time, the atmosphere seemed to have not changed at all. They are still at it and from the looks of it the situation will remain until one of them gives up. Maybe that is the reason why North Korea is trying hard to be noticed with its rocket launch and presumably nuclear armaments. That youthful Kim Jong Un wants North Korea to be recognized as a world power, huh.

cassandra

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
Putin is a very smart man. Although many people liken him to not being a threat because of his stature, that is absolutely not the case. I have listened to some of Putin's speeches and to be honest, he has some good ideas. He seems to be a very rational and very well rounded person but I know that if things hit the fan, his country would be well equipped to handle it. They are somewhat of a threat to the US.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think that the world is in danger of underestimating Putin, as we're all well aware of what he's capable of but I do get where you're coming from.

On the outside he seems cool, calm and collected, but I've got a feeling that the Russian people might not think that way. Well, if they was actually ALLOWED to think that way in the first place!

silentwarfare

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
USA
Russia could be a threat to the US, but they don't want to be. I really doubt it because the people who run Russia today are not the Bolsheviks who took over and ran Russia for a long time, killing well over half of the population during that time. It was Germany who saved Europe and others from that Bolshevik threat that invaded Russia. It wasn't the Russians attacking people, but the Bolsheviks who took over their military and forced them to or they would starve. They implemented extreme communist measures to the point that the entire USSR collapsed, and a return to some of the previous leadership began. Not saying that all of it has been removed or that only the good remain now, but today's Russia is radically different from the one during the 80's. Still very strong, but with a more cool composure and understanding when not being attacked from every side and having to defend against it and attempt to reclaim their country. In fact, they seem to fear for America now because they see that same thing happening to Americans under Obama currently a little at a time.

I would be more worried about the threat that is imitating a president right now than Russia. I'm more worried about China and North Korea since NK has nukes and has been firing and testing them just a few days ago despite the UN and the US forbidding it. China was very quiet and acted like it wasn't supposed to be talked about. There's a problem there, and it's one that the communist-in-chief won't ever address because he's one of them. That's what I'm worried about. Not Russia.

Lisa Davis

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
From what I have seen and read, our real problem and concern with Russia should be Putin. Putin was elected, served as long as he could according to the country's term limits, then basically he got someone else elected and ran the country anyway. Following that, he just ran for President again. Who has such blatant disregard for their own country's rules? Dictators, that's who!

TylerDresden

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
It's like the wild wild west of yore. People assumed cuz peoplemail carried guns that everyone was shooting each other up left and right. But it's far from the truth. Everyone just gave each other much more mutual respect when everyone is armed. A midget with a knife is still person with a weapon. You give them leeway as long as they gave you yours. Respect that's what America lacks for the rest of the world.

vash

Reactions
27 1 0
Country
USA
Russia will never be a direct threat to the US,you should worry about China.

It is just another propaganda.

No one is a threat (to you) unless they have directly attacked you or directly provoked you. Unless you are actively seeking to retain the dominance and see anyone who is getting stronger a threat to your continuous dominance.

I mean, if you see a coup of strong guys just walked pass you (while did nothing to you). Whether they are a threat to you or not is entirely in your own mind.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Russia will never be a direct threat to the US,you should worry about China.

China is a threat to the US economically. Soon the the Chinese going to dominate the world economy that is what the US worried about.

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
Some people say the US has first strike capability. In that case, Russia is no threat to the US. However, firing nukes would cause such problems for the environment that it would hurt the US more than it would help it. For one thing, nuclear winter would be a massive catastrophe. In that case, no government on the Earth is going to fire any, not even Pakistan or India.

I don't know about Russia, India or Pakistan but the US has done it before and I don't see what it won't do it again.