Why Russia is the real threat to US? | World Defense

Why Russia is the real threat to US?

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
Russia and US are both nuclear superpowers. In the world, they are the only two who's got the most advanced of it. But while US has well-structured laws on the limits of its usage, Russia doesn't. Russia's nuclear power is their immediate defence. So any threat or attack addressed against them, it's lawful that they quickly retaliate with the nuclear equipment. Despite that US and Russia both have a nuclear equipment for defence, ones of Russia is more readily available to be used.

globulon

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Canada
While there definitely are heavy restrictions on the use of nuclear weapons, thankfully, once the weapons start flying the US will have no qualms about retaliating in kind. The whole point of mutually assured destruction is that countries would not hesitate to use their nuclear arsenal if they were attacked with nuclear weapons.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I mentioned my opinion of Russia in another post. Basically, as a whole( not the individuals), their strategy has always been to not care as much about their own well being as they do screwing the other guy over. They are rash and aggressive. Honestly, they frighten me.

westmixxin

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
It's interesting because people say things like this where they don't realize is that the US has weapons that are much more powerful than nuclear weapons. Behind closed doors the US probably has weapons that are so powerful they get probably wipe out the entire Russian. Russia is a country that is on the verge of collapse their people basically are starving their constantly being fed more and more drugs making a population full of nothing but drug users.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
At the moment I don't think Russia is anywhere near as powerful as what they are pretending to be, mainly because of the economic situation they're in. I think if they ever manage to sort out the political and economic problems then yes, they could well be a nation to rival any other in the world but I don't see that happening in the near future if I'm honest.

TinVanMan

Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
Using the phrase "real threat" seems to imply that people are mistaken in their belief that something else is the "real" threat. What do you think the average American believes is the real threat? I do agree that the Russians having nuclear weapons so ready to be used is a scary thing. I think you are making it sound much more possible than it is, though. Russia knows that a nuclear attack on the U.S. would have immediate and grave consequences. Your rhetoric sounds like someone living through the Red Scare or the Cold War. I don't think we can reason nuclear arms dangers the way we used to.

heavyinfantry

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Italy
I think it's part of thei culture now. I mean, you attack me? I bomb you! That's what they think and agree on with pretty much all the russians. I knew a few and never heard of one that deny this affermation. No that USA isn't doing it eh.. USA is just hiding it to not let the mass media spread this info while Russia doesn't really care.

CrowdedHighways

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Latvia
I understand your fear of Russia as Americans. As a person from Latvia, it is even worse. Knowing that I and my family am living right next to this high pressure pot that could burst at any moment is very terrifying.

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
I thought no we are headed into, or perhaps already in, another Cold War. I don't think Russia wants to utterly destroy anyone, but I think Putin and his group love the power trip of causing that kind of tension. Power is addictive and based on their behavior right now it would seem they live it.

elmarianexx

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Russia has never cared about the safety of other countries, and I think that it will stay like this. Russia is just an aggressive and provoking country compared to other ones.

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
Russia will never be a direct threat to the US,you should worry about China.

heavyinfantry

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Italy
Russia can be defined as the US real threat for one simple reason: from the end of the WWII they basically have been fought each other but without ever getting involved directly in a military war. This sort of tension situation can be removed so easly and moreover so shortly thus Russia is and will be a threat to the US for quite some years now.

ke gordon

Reactions
12 0 0
Country
USA
Russia and US are both nuclear superpowers. In the world, they are the only two who's got the most advanced of it. But while US has well-structured laws on the limits of its usage, Russia doesn't. Russia's nuclear power is their immediate defence. So any threat or attack addressed against them, it's lawful that they quickly retaliate with the nuclear equipment. Despite that US and Russia both have a nuclear equipment for defence, ones of Russia is more readily available to be used.

Well, even though Putin may be a dictator clone, I don't think he is insane. I think the threat to the U.S. would come from a country like North Korea or a Middle Eastern country like Iran for instance. At the same token, I don't think it is too likely to happen. I think Iran would be more likely to use nuclear weapons on Israel or a country that is closer by. Russia may seek world domination but they would start with nearby Baltic states most likely.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
If Russia gets a wild hair and decides to nuke us, it doesn't matter what weapons we have. Firing at them won't save any American lives.

Jason76

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
Some people say the US has first strike capability. In that case, Russia is no threat to the US. However, firing nukes would cause such problems for the environment that it would hurt the US more than it would help it. For one thing, nuclear winter would be a massive catastrophe. In that case, no government on the Earth is going to fire any, not even Pakistan or India.