Will it become too dangerous for Muslims? | World Defense

Will it become too dangerous for Muslims?

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
In your opinion, do you believe in the near future(4-7) years that Muslims residing in the West(Born or migrants) will face a dangerous situation? We are seeing increasing calls to end immigration in Europe, and that is fine and is the right of whichever country. However there are elements of society that want to go farther than that and help push the world into conflict by suggesting West should deport, or attack local Muslim citizens and also target the Middle East. Even though the Middle East is in the phase of an interpersonal civil war, for some reason this civil war is presented in the West as a war between Islam and Western culture.

So my question for Europeans and Americans, do you believe we are approaching a point where we will see attacks on Muslims, possible deportations, or mass demonstrations against Muslims to point where Muslims need to leave? And if they do leave, can that still evolve into a conflict in the Middle East?

Would like peoples opinions, because by the day it seems certain elements in society want to keep resorting to propaganda to achieve some goal(Which they won't clarify what that goal is). Some sites like the 'Blaze', is a Jewish founded website. Which has lots of anti-Palestinian content, but it morphes it with daily articles on extremists overseas that have no relations to local Americans in order to demonize the Palestinians and make Americans see extremists+Palistinians as one and the same. This is just one example. What is their agenda?

@LilAnn @Redheart @Corzhens @Scorpion @WebMaster @others

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Pardon me for this comment - do not consider this a racial statement. From what I see in our country, the Muslims are all over the cities. Even here in our village (Metro Manila suburb) there is a mosque. It is unthinkable to see Muslims when I was young, in fact I hadn't seen one then and much more unthinkable to see a mosque. What I'm saying is the Muslims, to my mind, seems to be conquering the world with their presence. They are like the Chinese who are all over the world for business but the Muslims seem to be all over the world for another purpose.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Pardon me for this comment - do not consider this a racial statement. From what I see in our country, the Muslims are all over the cities. Even here in our village (Metro Manila suburb) there is a mosque. It is unthinkable to see Muslims when I was young, in fact I hadn't seen one then and much more unthinkable to see a mosque. What I'm saying is the Muslims, to my mind, seems to be conquering the world with their presence. They are like the Chinese who are all over the world for business but the Muslims seem to be all over the world for another purpose.

Understandable views, I wish I was more familiar with the political and social scene in China. Do you believe it may have anything to do with Muslims being heavily emphasized in media and easier to recognize that way? For my case in the United States, my family migrated after they became refugees due to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. I was born here, and that is the reason my family is here. Most Muslims here are largely secular and aren't too practicing. So in my case in the state I live, we have many Arabs. We don't see it from perspective of Muslims, because very large percentage are Arab Christians. There are also several types of Muslims, some that are secular, some that are religious by heart, well educated and don't try to spread the faith like missionaries, then we have the ones who don't focus on education much and more so on faith. So it's impossible for everyone to strike the right balance.

As for your case, I am aware Philippines has an separatist issue in the country. I'm unaware of the history and details behind it. But having such dispute can make people feel less integrated and make it us vs them kind of situation.

Me myself, I'm person that advocates Muslims in West going underground, not discussing politics too much and not allow ourselves to be scapegoated. We also do not need to convert anyone, some Muslims put too much importance on that. At the same time I can't deny them the right to preach or introduce others to the religion privately. But in places like the UK, we don't need them in public. And it annoys me that they are pushy in that manner.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Many people in the West have been manipulated by the media into believing that terrorism and Islam are one. They associate Islam with terrorism. Any time there's a terrorist attack there'll be people accusing Muslims of wrongdoing. So yes, I believe that Europe, America and even Australia is going to be dangerous for Muslims. However one thing we can learn from the clashes between Reclaim Australia and the anti-racist groups is there'll be people who'll defend Muslims.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Many people in the West have been manipulated by the media into believing that terrorism and Islam are one. They associate Islam with terrorism. Any time there's a terrorist attack there'll be people accusing Muslims of wrongdoing. So yes, I believe that Europe, America and even Australia is going to be dangerous for Muslims. However one thing we can learn from the clashes between Reclaim Australia and the anti-racist groups is there'll be people who'll defend Muslims.

I fully agree that media is the one painting a wrong picture in our minds. As a Christian, we have countless of denominations that make us differ in beliefs, practices and tradition. Like Christmas, there are sects that do not believe in that occasion and even in the food we eat, there are differences as well. In Islam, I also understand that there are also different denominations like Christians. And they also have religious fanatics like we do.

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
It depends on how you look,if you walk around in burqa's(women) or something similar,a somewhat unkempt beard(men) and dressed like were they came from(home country),it could be dangerous in some areas of some cities in the west.
Being a Muslim doesnt mean looking like ISIS,Taliban,Boko-Haram etc like types.
Most Muslims blend in the societies they live in,so normaly i dont see a problem for Muslims.

mooray

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Kenya
I do not agree. The world should become a dangerous place to live for terrorists but not Muslims. In fact, terrorists organizations such as ISIS and Boko Haram not only target Christians but also Muslims. No is safe from terrorism regardless whether you are a Christian, Jew, Hindu or a Muslim. People need to stand up and differentiate terrorism as a different entity and not as a sacred religion like Islam.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
There have already been isolated incidents in the US of Mosques being vandalized, and even a couple of murders because some was/ or was believed to be Muslim. I am actually terrified by what I see going on here, already. It wouldn't be the first time mass hysteria made victims out of innocent people. We look back on the Salem witch trials, the lynching and murders of black men because they were black, the Japanese interment camps... and if you look at the behavior that led up to each of those, its happening again. 50 years from now, people are going to look back on our world and think the same thing about us as we think about all the past atrocities. The fact is we are still those same people, and will always continue to be the same people. We just have fancier toys. We are toying with the idea of a hate monger occupying the white house. The ONLY thing he has to offer is hate. and that hate has gotten him in the lead with the republicans. Judges in NYC are forcing public buses to display billboards with pictures of Hitler's arm around a Muslim leader. Muslims are terrified to go to universities without the company of other Muslims. Wait... let me rephrase that... Middle eastern kids are scared to go to universities with the company of other middle eastern kids because they will be assumed Muslims, if they are or not.

So, every middle eastern person, regardless of where they are from or who they worship, will be in danger in the US. Its only going to get worse from here.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
It depends on how you look,if you walk around in burqa's(women) or something similar,a somewhat unkempt beard(men) and dressed like were they came from(home country),it could be dangerous in some areas of some cities in the west.
Being a Muslim doesnt mean looking like ISIS,Taliban,Boko-Haram etc like types.
Most Muslims blend in the societies they live in,so normaly i dont see a problem for Muslims.
In the US, though, its only going to depend on the color of your skin. Watch a middle eastern man get on an airplane, dressed like a business man and you'll see what I mean. It is terrible.

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
In the US, though, its only going to depend on the color of your skin. Watch a middle eastern man get on an airplane, dressed like a business man and you'll see what I mean. It is terrible.
How do you know,he is from the ME?
How does a ME man look like @LilAnn ?
You have all colors there,from white all the way to black.
Im a ME(Turkish) man and never had any problems visiting your country(6 times).
I understand what you mean but the US is a racist country in general,so it doesnt matter where you're from if you're not white.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
And they also have religious fanatics like we do.
Westboro Baptist church would be would be one good example.

I fully agree that media is the one painting a wrong picture in our minds.
Jews control 90% of the media in America. Jews hate Muslims and they use all weapons in their possession [the media being one] to get everyone [if they could] to hate Muslims.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
How do you know,he is from the ME?
How does a ME man look like @LilAnn ?
You have all colors there,from white all the way to black.
Im a ME(Turkish) man and never had any problems visiting your country(6 times).
I understand what you mean but the US is a racist country in general,so it doesnt matter where you're from if you're not white.
I'm sorry, T. You are absolutely correct. I misspoke and I'm sorry. It really is all about skin color and general appearance. The guy who recently killed servicemen at a Navy and Marine recruiting office in Chattanooga , had a beard and was described as looking "Muslim". He was already judged before he ever set foot in a court room. "It HAD to be domestic terrorism". The idea people have of what someone from the middle east looks like is what they are going to base their entire judgement. Just like someone I spoke with fairly recently on here talked about. They are Mexican, but very light skinned. When they come to visit the melting pot people are really nice until they hear the Mexican accent. And in Mexico people are very stand offish until they hear the Mexican accent.

Define a middle eastern man? Half of Hollywood has Israeli decent. Do they get persecuted for their "looks". Israel is in the Middle East? You knew that right? They are light skinned.

We are talking about Muslims and not race.

I'm actually really offended by the implication that I didn't know that. I know full well we are talking about a religion and not a race. But 96% of Americans don't. I'm also not the one who gets uncomfortable when someone who ignorant people would say "looks Muslim" gets on the plane with me. The college students who were killed because their murderer thought they looked Muslim didn't exactly have "Hi! I'm a Muslim" tattooed on their foreheads. People have an idea of what "Muslims" and Middle Easterners" look like. And a lot of Americans believe they resemble the guys who flew the airplanes into the twin towers. That isn't me. I'm not the one who is so closed minded that I can't see people just as being people. I don't care what they look like, or what religion they are, or where they're from. I see people as people. And I pride myself on being from what has to be one the most racists countries in the world, and not letting that stupidity rub off on me.

eveliner

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
Views are split in Europe. Most people believe that muslims have no place in here, and that will make things very difficult in them in here to integrate in society, especially if they aren't very eager to adapt to our society rather than imposing their own culture. So, yeah, as much as I'd like to be everything good for everyone, we just can't accept another massive wave of immigrants in Europe. I feel like there will be a lot of struggle for most European citizens to cope up with the thought that they're "being invaded"

I really don't have anything against them, but seeing what happens when you accept muslim people somewhere, makes me join the "anti" camp. I care more about my life after all!

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
Views are split in Europe. Most people believe that muslims have no place in here, and that will make things very difficult in them in here to integrate in society, especially if they aren't very eager to adapt to our society rather than imposing their own culture. So, yeah, as much as I'd like to be everything good for everyone, we just can't accept another massive wave of immigrants in Europe. I feel like there will be a lot of struggle for most European citizens to cope up with the thought that they're "being invaded"

I really don't have anything against them, but seeing what happens when you accept muslim people somewhere, makes me join the "anti" camp. I care more about my life after all!
You are running the risk of something bad happening regardless of who the immigrants are, I think. Right now we have had a huge increase in Mexican immigrants. I believe the total right now is 42 million... maybe? There are new articles everyday about the Mexican that just killed a bunch of people, or raped someone. but those aren't the majority When ever you add more people to any area you'll have more bad things happen It isn't about what religion or nationality they are There are bad people everywhere Its all about odds and averages