Will there be a Saudi-Turkey military intervention in Syria anytime soon? | World Defense

Will there be a Saudi-Turkey military intervention in Syria anytime soon?

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
There have been ongoing news in the media for the past few days that the chance for a military intervention in Syria is high and might take place anytime soon. What is your views on that? What will the outcome be?

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Would it change much? Since Iran is fighting alongside Assad, any nation which intervenes in Syria will have to face the fact they'll be fighting a proxy war with Iran. Even if the factions fighting in Syria will be subdued fast by the newcomers [Saudi Arabia and Turkey] Iran would still keep fighting their arch-enemy Saudi Arabia in Syria. Saudi Arabia wouldn't back out because doing so would mean admitting defeat.

This IMHO won't be good for the Syrian people.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Where do you hear such discussions? I don't believe there would be. Firstly, it's early in stage of Turkish-Saudi relations. Turkey needs more time to develop trust with Saudi government. Since last Saudi government followed different path. It also needs planning, not necessarily military, but rather laying out options plus endgame. They have to take into account all possible results of such intervention and how they would react it. And once they analyize all possible outcomes, next thing is discussing longterm engame.

Will it drag more nations into proxy war? If so, are they willing to take the risk? How would international community react?

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Our relation with Turkey is solid. Yes we may disagree with each other when it comes to Egypt but that has nothing to do with trust. Its only a small disagreement on a certain issue and has no affect on anything else. We enjoy economic, diplomatic and military cooperation and we share the common Islamic values. Claiming that the disagreement in regard to Egypt has built a mistrust is not true at all.

The news about this intervention is all over Arab media. The international community can pound slat for all we care. What is happening in Syria, Iraq and Yemen have an affect on our security and must be dealt with firmly and ASAP.

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Yes, there will be a cooperation between both governments to eliminate the threats in the region whether it's in Syria or anywhere.No doubt there are simple disagreements and different points of views between Turkey and Saudi Arabia but that does not harm the interrelationships. Saudi government held 3 meetings with 3 influential leaders in ME Al sissi, Erdogan and Nawaz Sherrif which they have the power and capabilities to wipe off Iran and Al assad .The matter will take just a few time until having as much as we can of allies in our side.Prince Mohammed Bin Naif is in a tour around the Arabic Maghreb to listen from our allies there. He finished his visit to Algeria and today he's in Morocco.:)

timelord731

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
Would it change much? Since Iran is fighting alongside Assad, any nation which intervenes in Syria will have to face the fact they'll be fighting a proxy war with Iran. Even if the factions fighting in Syria will be subdued fast by the newcomers [Saudi Arabia and Turkey] Iran would still keep fighting their arch-enemy Saudi Arabia in Syria. Saudi Arabia wouldn't back out because doing so would mean admitting defeat.

This IMHO won't be good for the Syrian people.
So they would pretty much be fighting a war within the already waring territories? I just don't think I quite understand what you mean.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
No. I repeat, no. Over. Take the bird to home, lieutenant. Over.

Roger that. Over^(0 '_' 0)^

|0|

In all seriousness, I wish we can take such a step to the end the suffering of the Syrian people.(:-\

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Our relation with Turkey is solid. Yes we may disagree with each other when it comes to Egypt but that has nothing to do with trust. Its only a small disagreement on a certain issue and has no affect on anything else. We enjoy economic, diplomatic and military cooperation and we share the common Islamic values. Claiming that the disagreement in regard to Egypt has built a mistrust is not true at all.

The news about this intervention is all over Arab media. The international community can pound slat for all we care. What is happening in Syria, Iraq and Yemen have an affect on our security and must be dealt with firmly and ASAP.

Habibi all I've been hearing and seeing is talk.

بدنا افعال

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
So they would pretty much be fighting a war within the already waring territories? I just don't think I quite understand what you mean.
Iran and Saudi Arabia are enemies.

Iran is helping Assad. Turkey and Saudi Arabia want Assad out of office. Should the two [Turkey and Saudi Arabia] intervene in Syria then Iran obviously would continue assisting their ally [Assad]. So technically Iran would fighting Saudi Arabia but the fighting would be confined to Syria.

That, would be the outcome. Maybe the war might spill over . . . to other fronts.