Will US Military Action Get Rid Of ISIS | World Defense

Will US Military Action Get Rid Of ISIS

Charity

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
ISIS is a major problem and one of the main factors that are worrying people about traveling or doing anything towards the Middle East. My question is, I seen where President Obama asked for permission to use force against ISIS, but is this going to help or will it inflame tensions?

Waynefire

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
I think it will inflame tensions in the region. Israel will become a target again and this could lead to a destabilization of the entire region. However, with Jordan showing they want to help out as well, that could help to control the tension.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Obama’s draft resolution “would not authorize the use of long-term, large-scale ground combat operations.” But, it would allow for special operations forces to “take military action against [ISIS] leadership” and permit U.S. forces to engage in ground combat in “limited circumstances.”
That sort of military action will have little or no effect on ISIS. The lesson learned from Kobane? Only those who know the terrain can win a ground war against the terrorists. Hire thousands of Kurdish mercenaries and they'll get the job done as long as they get air support to destroy whatever military equipment ISIS might have.

Radix24

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Philippines
The US is not planning to have a prolonged war again in the region. It is back, but the soldiers will not be enough to eradicate ISIS. ISIS is a common enemy, and I want it gone... but Waynefire has a point. With the common enemy gone, there might be a change of target.

Another thing that I am thinking of is, would there be a new power rising to fill the void of ISIS if it is gone?

Kjordo711

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
Another thing that I am thinking of is, would there be a new power rising to fill the void of ISIS if it is gone?

I think that there is always going to be a group that wants to see the end of the west, but the important thing is to keep the groups from getting too much power. ISIS has already been able to gain quite a bit and they continue to recruit people, growing stronger. However, as they continue their barbaric behavior, such as burning 45 people alive as they did earlier this week, I have faith that more nations around the globe will be able to unite to take a tougher stand against ISIS and we can work together to take them down and it won't have to be a prolonged battle where the United States of America alone fights it and loses thousands of soldiers as a result.

That being said, I really do not think that air strikes alone will be able to grind ISIS to a halt. Maybe air strikes from many nations will help bring ISIS down a little but even then it won't be the most effective way to take them down, however it is among the safer options when it comes to the lives of the troops.

It is a very difficult situation and it will be interesting to see how the next president deals with it, especially with Iran's nuclear program ticking on in the background seemingly unnoticed by western powers.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
With or without US help in the picture, tensions have already arisen to a degree so difficult to contain. With the US in the picture, more lives will be saved. Countries that have already taken up arms against terrorists need to push back ISIS militants and eventually subdue them, To succeed and minimize damage on their end, those countries require the participation of the largest and most up-to-date manufacturer of weapons in the world.

Radix24

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Philippines
That being said, I really do not think that air strikes alone will be able to grind ISIS to a halt. Maybe air strikes from many nations will help bring ISIS down a little but even then it won't be the most effective way to take them down, however it is among the safer options when it comes to the lives of the troops.

True true. It will not help bring ISIS down indeed, but it can contain its movements. I am not an authority of strategy, but in this case, when can we justify a swift end using ground attacks vs prolonged battle using air strikes? ISIS is fighting an asymmetric war. Even if the world is its enemy, it might surprise us with new moves. Military leaders should not be complacent.

terryse

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
Philippines
That sort of military action will have little or no effect on ISIS. The lesson learned from Kobane? Only those who know the terrain can win a ground war against the terrorists. Hire thousands of Kurdish mercenaries and they'll get the job done as long as they get air support to destroy whatever military equipment ISIS might have.[/QUOTE
ISIS is a major problem and one of the main factors that are worrying people about traveling or doing anything towards the Middle East. My question is, I seen where President Obama asked for permission to use force against ISIS, but is this going to help or will it inflame tensions?
The United States has the capability to rally its allied forces and neutralize ISIS but how can you eradicate a terror group with cells in almost every part of the world?By supporting the concerned government with aids, intelligence, and other tools to flush out the terrorists from the hands of the unseen coddlers of the terrorists.

timelord731

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
I doubt it. The US has been taking a lot of internal heat about the entire war on terrorism. Unless ISIS attacks US soil, I really don't think a full scale eradication invasion will happen anytime soon.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
Well as it is now, IS is a mentality and they are able to influence persons from the West to join them and so military action will suppress their movement and reduce their numbers but the mentality will live on and another group will just emerge. This is a war that has been influenced by religion and politics and so it will be hard to end completely.