Will war ever end? | Page 2 | World Defense

Will war ever end?

nutshell

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Philippines
Wars will always be there because people have different interests and views on a lot of things. With that said, we just can't agree on these things so we clash. Pride sets in or some say it's the principles that they fight for. Others get something beneficial out of wars and people can get so greedy sometimes. Supremacy is another ground for wars. Needless to say, religion also comes into the picture. There will always be reasons for waging wars. So it won't end, unfortunately.

zenfive

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Switzerland
It's sad to admit but wars don't end until people realize the damage they've done, and it only takes a little while longer for us to get back into it. There's always going to be wars and conflicts while we have something to fight over, be it land, or resources, or pride. But after those things are all depleted and worn out, what will we fight over? Obviously in an idyllic world we could work out a system where everything could be used in a equitable manner, but I don't see that happening anytime soon, but hey who knows, maybe some day.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
War will never completely cease while we still have inequality, religion and overinflated egos. Looking back , it seems most wars have been started by protests regarding the divisions in society, extreme religious beliefs and over-zealous dictators.

goncalogdct

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Portugal
War, besides being a lucrative business, is something I feel is part of the human nature.
People will always want what other people have, or find some reason to justify war, whether it is religion, race, or any other.
Somewhere, somehow someone with find some reason to kill another human being. Its just human nature, as I said before.

Not to mention the major arms corporations, which power and wealth are 100% dependent on war itself. These are major interests to keep the war, and thus the killing of human beings, going.
These are the reasons which cause me to believe war will probably never end.

Muthoni

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Kenya
I do not think that wars will ever come to an end. I spoke too soon; wars can come to an end if mankind became extinct. Selfish humans will try to control others for their gain. This will be the beginning of a war. Wars are profitable for a number of nations therefore they may provoke others to fight so that they can sell them the required weapons.

Mackmax

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
I don't think war is ever going to end on this planet, no matter how hard we try and no matter how much we want it to. There are always going to be disagreements between countries or people in the same country, whether it be politically or religiously or just a stupid personal reason that stirs up trouble and drama and war. I've always said that as long as there are religions of different kinds, or really religion in general, there's going to be a war of some sort. I don't think we will ever run out of things to kill each other over.

I too have noticed that religion is a huge cause of many many wars. The freedom of religion is definitely a blessing and a curse. On one hand, it is great that we can all believe in different things, but on the other hand, everyone's conflicting beliefs can and do so much controversy. It would be nice if we as humans could learn that we can all like and believe in different things and get along.

Mackmax

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
We live in an imperfect world, war is part of it. It's always been part of it. The only change seems to be that over time we (mankind) develop even more devastating ways and means of engaging in war. I really don't expect it will end until the world does.
I know there are utopian minded people out there who say that one day we (mankind again) will make our world perfect and that there will then be world peace, but I believe them to be dreamers at best with those who aren't dreamers being globalists actively engaging in trying to sell lies to the general public for the benefit of their particular agenda.
As individuals, most of us don't like war; but it doesn't change the fact that the kinds of disagreements that bring war about aren't going to go away just because we want them to. They run too deep for that.
Sadly, I have serious doubts, too, that there will ever be a day when all are free.
Just as war will always be with us, so will there always be oppressors in the world.

You explained this so beautifully, lol. I completely agree. I would love if the whole world could just learn to agree to disagree so that we could all hold hands and sing Kumbayah, but sadly that is impossible. Of course disagreements will never cease to exist, but perhaps violence as a settlement of disagreements could finally end. It is fine to disagree, and disagreeing is often necessary, but that doesn't mean killing each other is. People are constantly wanting to feel as though they are superior, so even if the whole world looked and acted the exact same, I'm sure people would still somehow someway find a way to segregate themselves.

vinceasneed

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
People have a tendency to believe that war cannot be eliminated. Its a sad fact though that war will be forever present with us. Even the Bible says there is a time for war and a time for peace. The biggest reason why war will continue is that ever since Adam and Eve, man has been associated with greed. Ever since, man has wanted what was not necessarily his to have. Of course, many people know how to control these desires. But, unfortunately we have too many people in the world who don't have to control it. They in turn fight for what they want or need. Think about the future of things like food and water. The more scarce they become, the more likely it is for war to break out over them. War also changes in its look. The war on terrorism is a good example of that. War is unfortunate but is also a fact of humanity. Wars are fought by frightened men.

KDenice

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
It is sad to say, but no I don't think war will ever end. Once everyone is done fighting for their freedom, there will be something new to fight for. It seems as though we are never satisfied with things and that war is the only solution. What I don't understand is why we are fighting in other countries for "freedom" yet our own country is not yet free. As long as we can find something different about one another, we will always have something to disagree about.
At this day in age, it seems unthinkable that the world is still fighting war and that we are still killing each other. Sadly, many countries are still fighting for their freedom and their rights.
However, perhaps one day they will gain their freedoms. Do you think that once everyone is free, that we will still be fighting wars? Or do you think that we will finally run out of things to kill each other over?

CpXi7z1

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
At this day in age, it seems unthinkable that the world is still fighting war and that we are still killing each other. Sadly, many countries are still fighting for their freedom and their rights.
However, perhaps one day they will gain their freedoms. Do you think that once everyone is free, that we will still be fighting wars? Or do you think that we will finally run out of things to kill each other over?

I doubt war will ever end. There's always going to be a war somewhere. It's not fair, but peace is like silence, a concept so many can't handle.

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
Humans are too greedy and too violent for war to ever end. People always want more than they have and the best way they see to get it in a world of limited resources is to take it from someone else. Plus even though we have sought diplomacy to resolve conflicts we still consider violence to be an acceptable solution if talks break down.

KDenice

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
Wars will always be there because people have different interests and views on a lot of things. With that said, we just can't agree on these things so we clash. Pride sets in or some say it's the principles that they fight for. Others get something beneficial out of wars and people can get so greedy sometimes. Supremacy is another ground for wars. Needless to say, religion also comes into the picture. There will always be reasons for waging wars. So it won't end, unfortunately.
I like that you used the terms "interest", "views", and "pride". I think that is so true. People with power hold different views on things and like children, decide to fight over it. In another comment someone said we need to agree to disagree. We should be celebrating our differences and even learning from one another. However, that is where "pride" comes in. People think their way is the only way and pride gets hurt when someone tries to prove otherwise.

ignite1hp

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
War will never end, plain and simple. It's a way of life. I honestly think the only way war will ever end, is if the human race ends. Which, in unless we have a nuclear war, I don't think will happen lol. I think war will be the death of the us to be honest.

nutshell

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Philippines
I like that you used the terms "interest", "views", and "pride". I think that is so true. People with power hold different views on things and like children, decide to fight over it. In another comment someone said we need to agree to disagree. We should be celebrating our differences and even learning from one another. However, that is where "pride" comes in. People think their way is the only way and pride gets hurt when someone tries to prove otherwise.
Yes, isn't it so true and upsetting KDenice that instead of learning together and just being open about our differences, we fight? We try to prove who is better. It's sickening when we try to outdo one another for it means we will never ever just compromise. And what's more devastating is there are thousands of innocent lives that are ruined. The families of these soldiers in action are also victims of this nasty truth about wars. Every time I see soldiers uniting with their families, I cannot help but cry. Or when I see fallen soldiers in flag-draped caskets, I get emotional at the agony of their families. I don't even know these people. You can just imagine how it is for people who are directly involved in their lives. This is just one depressing outcome of wars that will always be there simply because wars, sad to say, will never end.

Grumpy

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
There will always be war, quite simply because one country will always have something more that another country wants. This is almost always how wars start. If it's not this, it's middle eastern or arab countries who do absolutely nothing to counter the threats of terrorism to other countries in the world and inevitably other countries have to start getting involved, to protect themselves and their allies more than anything else!