Will We Have to Build a Freelance-Military-Unit to Enforce a Moratorium on Injection-Wells?

Uncle Doc J

Reaction score
Country
USA
The 'Oklahoma Gazette said' (well, "the opinions of an author at- and not necessarily those of the ownership or management of-the Oklahoma Gazette are") that Oklahoma needs a moratorium on injection-wells. (Injection-wells are how hazardous waste is disposed-of so as to remove it from the open air).

The moratorium is called-for on account of recent earthquakes in the American Midwest. But--as the government is well-known to drag its feet on 'doing the right thing'--it may seem like the only way to stop further well-filling is to 'build an army' to enforce the moratorium ... am I the AntiChrist for just having said that? ≈ç∂ß`o--o`ºª

'AntiChrist' came to mind because (if it weren't for all the studies linking injection-wells to the earthquakes) you could just as easily say that it was 'our eroding resistance to same-gender marriage' that were causing all the ground-shaking (like many who claim to be Christian cite as the cause of the destruction of Sodom & Gomorrah) ... another cause the AntiChrist could use to raise an army 0O\

ke gordon

Reaction score
Country
USA
The 'Oklahoma Gazette said' (well, "the opinions of an author at- and not necessarily those of the ownership or management of-the Oklahoma Gazette are") that Oklahoma needs a moratorium on injection-wells. (Injection-wells are how hazardous waste is disposed-of so as to remove it from the open air).

The moratorium is called-for on account of recent earthquakes in the American Midwest. But--as the government is well-known to drag its feet on 'doing the right thing'--it may seem like the only way to stop further well-filling is to 'build an army' to enforce the moratorium ... am I the AntiChrist for just having said that? ≈ç∂ß`o--o`ºª

'AntiChrist' came to mind because (if it weren't for all the studies linking injection-wells to the earthquakes) you could just as easily say that it was 'our eroding resistance to same-gender marriage' that were causing all the ground-shaking (like many who claim to be Christian cite as the cause of the destruction of Sodom & Gomorrah) ... another cause the AntiChrist could use to raise an army 0O\
Well, the first part of the post made sense smile. I don't think it has anything to do with same gender marriage. However, tongue and cheek you meant this to be. We had a large earthquake in this county and it had much more to do with proximity to a fault line than any injection wells in the vicinity. I don't see the U.S. making any sort of army to stop injection wells.