World’s cartoonists respond to the attack on ‘Charlie Hebdo’

Scorpion

THINK TANK
Ratings
25 1,841 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
World’s cartoonists respond to the attack on ‘Charlie Hebdo’

The outpouring in reaction to the killing of 12 in an attack on the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo in Paris — known for its cartoons that took on politicians and religious figures, including the Prophet Mohammad — was spontaneous and pointed. Below is a sampling of some of the cartoons that are being shared on Twitter, most with the hashtag [HASHTAG]#jesuischarlie[/HASHTAG] — I am Charlie.

fliktor7

NEW RECRUIT
Ratings
0 7 0
Country
Spain
My respect for all those cartoonist and journalist in general who doesn't have fear about showing their freedom of expression. I specially like this picture, showing the respect of one of the most great (maybe the greatest) cartoonist of the world, Uderzo

Ratings
0 119 0
Country
United Kingdom
The cartoon depicting an aeroplane flying into two pencils is particularly sad - like it's happened all over again. Very sad, but brilliant at the same time.

Ratings
0 64 0
Country
Philippines
At the end of the day, the pen/pencil is mightier than any weapon around - be it gun or sword. Even if those terrorists killed employees of Charlie Hebdo, their actions speak greatly of themselves: they were the first ones to lose it, therefore they lost big time. That they could let something as simple as a pen get to them only means they're not that smart. Small-minded terrorists sure are scary. On one hand, they'll be the first ones to fall in battle.

Ratings
0 20 0
Country
Romania
You might say that the pen/pencil is mightier than any weapon. But sadly, they costed a few lives this year. Words will always get people in trouble and freedom of speech should end where it insults another.