Would 9/11 happen again? | World Defense

Would 9/11 happen again?

drc65

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Do you think that 9/11 could happen again given the technological developments in air to ground missiles & especially air warfare? I think if it were to happen again the plane would be shot down. What do you think?

Brady2121

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
I think it very likely another 9/11 could happen. You can't shoot down a plane if you don't know it's hijacked.

westmixxin

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
It is highly unlikely they’ve increased defense by a large margin by drumming up a lot of fear by showing the 9/11 event over and over again. There is anti-air defense all around the Pentagon and I believe anti-air defense in New York.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
9/11 was an inside job done by GWB so that to find an excuse to invade Iraq.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I doubt that there will be an exact repeat of 9/11 but you can be certain that ISIS will concoct something equally, if not more, horrific.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
I doubt that we'll ever see another 9/11. As Legend correctly points out, there's much about the 9/11 attacks that don't add up. Intelligence agencies knew about the attacks, some people were warned not to go to work that day. The attacks could have been prevented but no one made an attempt to stop the terrorists because certain people sought specific objectives which could only be obtained if . . .

So, no, there won't be another 9/11 unless another [or the same] group of people want an excuse to strip people of their liberties.

10 Reasons The U.S. Is No Longer The Land Of The Free | JONATHAN TURLEY
"In the decade since Sept. 11, 2001, this country has comprehensively reduced civil liberties in the name of an expanded security state."

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Do you mean a second bombing on the World Trade Center and Pentagon or a similar incident that involves two tall buildings? That would be too predictable, in my opinion. I'm sure most governments the world over have already learned a huge lesson from 9/11. No one would fall for the same trick twice.

Goblinforhire

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
Kenya
No, I don't think another 9/11 could happen again. Technology has become so advanced since those attacks that intelligence agencies are able to monitor suspicious people and activity in the planning stages; I find it hard to believe this large scale level of planning would go unnoticed.

drc65

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Do you mean a second bombing on the World Trade Center and Pentagon or a similar incident that involves two tall buildings? That would be too predictable, in my opinion. I'm sure most governments the world over have already learned a huge lesson from 9/11. No one would fall for the same trick twice.
I mean a terrorist attack of the same proportions. I agree with you, it's probably unlikely to happen again. But what if there are more lessons to be learnt and there are still some vulnerabilities? Don't you think that's possible?

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I mean a terrorist attack of the same proportions. I agree with you, it's probably unlikely to happen again. But what if there are more lessons to be learnt and there are still some vulnerabilities? Don't you think that's possible?

See, I think something of equal magnitude is probably being plotted right now. The USA and UK still have their vulnerabilities and you can bet your bottom dollar that ISIS intelligence knows what they are.

Shimus

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
USA
9/11 was an inside job done by GWB so that to find an excuse to invade Iraq.

I dislike this look on it. I don't think the leader would sacrifice any of his people to achieve any goal, let alone war which will take more lives. This just looks like a sad flame attempt. No leader willingly does that; not everyone is Adolf Hitler.

They may have had more intelligence then is ever released to the public of course, they're the Gov't -- I mean come on it's going to happen. But this doesn't mean it was inside jobbed at all.

drc65

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
See, I think something of equal magnitude is probably being plotted right now. The USA and UK still have their vulnerabilities and you can bet your bottom dollar that ISIS intelligence knows what they are.
What do you think these vulnerabilities are? Maybe we can stop them! I think the next major terrorist attack will be boat related, given that there is not much security on boats.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
I think is very likely especially with the threat of ISIS. All the missiles and nuclear power in the world can't stop an attack of that type because it will be internal and sudden. If the US and the West continue to ignore the threat that ISIS pose especially with their recruitment of persons from western nations then an attack of the magnitude of 9/11 will be likely.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
What do you think these vulnerabilities are? Maybe we can stop them! I think the next major terrorist attack will be boat related, given that there is not much security on boats.

That's what I had in mind. It's impossible for every inch of the coastline to be watched 24/7 so this could provide means of entry into either the UK or US. There's every chance they could hijack a vessel too, either by stowing away, posing as passengers or even getting dropped by helicopter! Not that I'm scaremongering, honestly!

CanisLupas

Reactions
7 0 0
Country
Thailand
There will inevitably be another atrocity of 9/11's magnitude, but not planes in the USA I think. It was a soft target and it was taken advantage of; that is no longer the case and so will not be selected again (unless that changes of course). It could be repeated in other countries, and other easy targets in the USA could also be utilised.

Seems like the current MO is small armed teams attacking cartoonists these days: France and Denmark.